“Great Food at a Great Prices!”
Review of Cowboy Grill - CLOSED

Cowboy Grill
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Mexican
Description: 432-837-5455
Description: 432-837-5455
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Went twice during our week stay in Alpine. Eat meal a delicious BBQ delight. Good service. Friendly staff. Each cold drink is served in Texa-size huge glasses (with free refills). Chips and Salsa immediately brought to table and quickly replenished but save room for great meal that awaits. They have different daily specials. Meatloaf Monday brought a homemade entree that challenges Mom's best. My fav is the double meat platter...for me, brisket and pulled pork dipped in their delicious BBQ sauce. But a close second is their Chicken Fried Chicken--moist with a distinct delectable flavor. Don't want their Jalapeno Cornbread that comes with your platter...then save it for me!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I was in town on business and decided to try the food based on other reviews. I travel extensively, so I have eaten in many, many places all over the state. During my stay, my father and I ate there three times. The food and service were excellent. The price was good for the quality and portions served. It was a casual atmosphere where we could relax. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I may be repeating others but don't let the exterior of the restaurant discourage you from a great meal. The chicken fried steak was wonderful. Place was clean & the waitress was bubbly & attentive.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

From outside appearances, one wouldn't necessarily think this was a very decent restaurant. However, based on the cars parked there, we figured we'd give it a try. Also the previous TA reviews convinced me to go for it.
We stopped after attending the afternoon sessions at the Cowboy Poetry Gathering. Such an influx of people on this small town didn't seem to put a damper on the service or quality of the restaurant. Our waitress was prompt and friendly, offering suggestions when asked.
My husband ordered the 2 meat bbq plate, with brisket and pulled pork. I got the hamburger and fries. All were excellent, even the sides that came with the bbq. If I had to identify a weak area, I would say that the burger was a little overcooked. Not too bad but I usually like mike medium to medium rare. A choice was not given though so I can't say it wasn't what I ordered. The bbq sauce was very rich, smoky and kind of sweet. Not overly though. Tea was amply supplied.
When we had our fill, we got a to-go box for our leftovers (half a burger, some fries, and a little bit of brisket) and headed on home. Oh yeah, and when we asked for an empty cup to take our leftover tea, they filled us a brand spanking new one and gave us an empty one.
Thanks for a great dinner. It hit the spot.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

The Cowboy Grille's new location in a completely redone old gas station is much disguised from the curb with its new paint. But inside the interior is redecorated in Texas decor, bright and shinny.. The food is now even better than at the old location with new menu items. Remember, steaks are the specialty and probably the best to be found in Alpine. The french fries are "home Cut" and are to die for. Best fries in west Texas we know of.

1  Thank TXRVer09