“Nice motel for the money”
Review of Sunday House Inn

Sunday House Inn
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Alpine
Reviewed 6 April 2017

I booked this hotel as a second choice to the Quality Inn across the street, Quality had raised there rate to $ 139.00 for spring break, not worth $ 139. The Sunday House is nice, and clean, but a bit small. I was put in a room that is an annex to the hotel which was fine, and probably to be honest,less noise. As I said clean, but no coffee pot in the room. However a micro wave and fridge. TV was good on Dish TV. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the annex are better, close to parking.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Sunday House Inn

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Not fancy for sure but a good bed, large room and clean. Suggest you bring your own shampoo and soap but there was plenty of hot water. The soap that waa furnished was sad. We didn't try the breakfast so can't comment.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2016

I dis-like writing bad reviews, but this motel requires one.
The ground had trash all around (see photo). The trash was almost blocking stairwell to second floor rooms. (Yes, it was passable for the fire marshal standards.)

The hotel guests were LOUD. I asked the guest politely twice to be quiet after 3:00 a.m. I then call the desk. No assistance from the desk on quieting noisy neighbors.

When I checked out and request to cancel, the desk and the owner wanted more money that what is required by on-line booking service. The owner would not move me to another area.

As stated in other reviews, all bed mattress are firm. If you like hard mattresses, this might be a good motel. I was turning all night and even slept on top the bed cover just to get some more padding. (I still did not get any sleep).

The motel offers some breakfast, but it did not live up to expectations.
The orange juice tasted like orange drink/Tang.
Coffee was weak and cool that morning.
There was few small amount of food place out for consumption.

There are some good things about this motel:
Yes, the rooms are larger.
The offer "Very firm" mattresses.
The location is on east side of Alpine close to university.

Quite frankly, I had a better stay in another motel in Alpine.
I am glad that I checked out after one night
I can not recommend this motel to others.

Room Tip: I can not recommend.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Texas_Travel_1
Reviewed 23 December 2016

I had a meeting in Alpine, Texas and arrived about 7 am on a Saturday. They let me check in for a small $20 fee and I slept comfortable before my meeting at Sul Ross State University. I then had Dinner at the famous Reata Alpine restaurant, came back to Sunday house, had a nice sleep, and there breakfast was decent and included real bacon. I checked out about 10 am and was off to next meeting in Amarillo. Overall, a very good experience.

Room Tip: Clean and comfortable bed.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 November 2016

To start, when you travel to Alpine you don't expect a very good hotel. The rooms are big and rather clean. Isolation between rooms is poor, the walls are trembling as soon as someone walks the stairs ou shuts a door. The really bad thing is the breafast. It was terrible. When i got there there was almost nothing left to eat or drink, and the woman at the reception only suggested that i wait 20 min for a refill. After that there was finally a refill, but the bread was terrible, there was very limited choices. Not recommended.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family