“Good Guacamole, but don't sit under the A/C vents!!”
Review of Mi Cocina

Mi Cocina
Ranked #29 of 249 Restaurants in Allen
Reviewed 5 July 2017

The first booth we were sat at was right under the balster A/C vent and I was freezing! Our server moved us to a table in a closed section, now this normally concerns me, as once you are moved from a server's actual station they tend to sort of forget about you. Our server did not, with the exception of me going a little too long without a drink refill.

Food is your standard Mexican that you find around here. Not mindblowing, but still very good. The salsa for the chips is basically sauce, no chunks of good stuff, but the flavor was there. The guacamole was very good. Chips are served warm and okay. Son had the Ribeye Fajitas, they looked really good. Husband had the Crispy Chicken "Enchiladas Verdes", they were good. I had the make your own combo, Crunchy Shredded Chicken Taco and a Seasoned Ground Beef Enchilada. The chicken in the tace appeared to just be boiled with no seasoning, so lots of guac and salsa was added to that. They do get a bonus point for not putting the crunchy taco on the plate with the enchilada and beans.

Overall a satisfactory experience and we will return.

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Wow...good menu...great location...nice outdoors atmosphere...great service...tasty food...good value...what else can I say? First time visitor, and we certainly will be back!

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

I have been at this location several times but this is the first time I write a review. Let me tell you the chips and salsa are very good . I likethe chips because they are not grease, the salsa is fresh and it has the perfect taste, not too spicy which is the way I like. This time I ordered spinach enchilada with ranchero salsa on top! It was delicious, I strongly recommend it, three out of the five people I went with ordered the spinach enchilada and we all loved it. Also I had a guacamole tostada...to die for, very fresh I could tell it was fresh made! And then for a side a had vegetables and they were very good and I put a little of the ranchera salsa on top of the vegetables. Everybody cleaned their plates . Our waiter was Luis and he was very helpful and kind . They have a nice patio with a beautiful view.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

The best happy hour - great margaritas with individually made nachos and fresh guacamole! Easy for small or large groups and a great patio area. There are several in town for a reason!

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Food was decent, I have definitely had better service, however the guacamole was AMAZING it had just the right taste it was delicious. We sat outside and had a great view as well. Not a completely horrible experience but I have been to better places. Probably won't come back unless I get guacamole to go.

Been to Mi Cocina? Share your experiences!