“Delicious BBQ and great service.”

Rudy's Country Store And Bar-B-Q
Ranked #7 of 258 Restaurants in Allen
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Rudy's "Country Store" and Bar-B-Q serves Real Texas Bar-B-Q seven days a week. They offer breakfast, lunch, dinner and group meals.
Reviewed 27 May 2018

I recently went here for the first time and was thoroughly impressed. Let me preface my review by saying that there are a lot of BBQ places in the area. What grabbed my attention was the friendliness and service, as well as the food quality.

The vibe of the place is cool, it's part gas station part BBQ? It smells like heaven in there, like wood and smoke. There are big ice troughs with boutique sodas, as well as a fountain. When I got up to order, a nice young man asked if it was my first time, and it was. He gave me the rundown and even offered samples. I opted for the smoked turkey, the Rudy's moist, and a jalapeno sausage. You can split up your pounds as well, 1/3 pound, 1/4 pound etc. There is a side station with all kinds of sauces and jalapenos for extra burn.

The portions were crazy, I had enough for 3 lunches at work. I don't eat this type of BBQ every day, because I'd be morbidly obese, but I will DEFINITELY be back and I recommend stopping by here if you fancy some Texas style BBQ.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

Rudy's Country Store is like a trip in a time machine back to an old country store in the 1950s or 60s. The decor and the ambiance harken you back to a time when things were simpler and customers were friends, not just customers.

At Rudy's, you can still drink an RC Cola just like I did when I was a kid.

Oh, but Rudy's is so much more. And the so much more for me is their brisket.

Let's face it. A lot of BBQ joints, even some highly rated ones, have what I call Stretch Armstrong brisket. It's dry and tough, and you have to pull it like taffy to get it to break. I cannot stand that kind of brisket.

But, thank God, you will not find Stretch Armstrong brisket at Rudy's. Their brisket is so moist and tender and succulent that it melts in your mouth! And they have two good sauces, spicy and Sissy sauce (mild).

If you want some fine brisket, head to Rudy's and get you some. And grab you an ice cold RC Cola or beer on your way to place your order.

Rudy's Country Store is 5-star brisket served by 5-star employees who love their customers and treat them like home folks.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

I have been going to Rudy's for years. First in Austin, then Waco, and now Allen. Its always great. I usually get the sliced brisket. Get it moist. It's probably unhealthy but we all know bbq is not a health food. Iced tea is great also. The only thing at Rudy's that could be better is the Cole slaw. If u like the vinegar tasting kind u will like it. Just personal choice. Also would be nice if they offered beef ribs.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My friend took me here when I visited him in Plano (next town) and he ordered some BBQ beef, links, and bread. This place is aesthetically great with long tables and tubs full of drinks. Just nice to look at. Our meal was also scrumptious and reasonably priced. Will go back here if I get the chance.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

On a diet so I was looking for chicken and greens. Well, there was chicken, so good, but the 3 bean salad had good beans and could meet the requirements for the "greens" on my diet.