All reviews great job of keeping place to stay nice room business trip desk dallas wallpaper
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Had the worst experience ever here. It was in October, so maybe they have finally started to upgrade the rooms. Call first to see if they have remodeled the rooms. Had to ask to move rooms since the musty smell was so bad it hurt my nose and made it difficult to breath. Second room wasn't much better. They said they were remodeling but this property should not have been open. When I complained to corporate, they did respond, but offers to reduce my rate never happened. Saving grace - front desk clerk was super helpful and super nice.

Date of stay: October 2017
James F, Loyalty Champion at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dallas-Addison, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Hello Kris,

I appreciate your feedback as it will be shared with the upper management and the whole team in order to avoid a similar experience as it is our goal to provide excellent service to all our guests. I am very sorry for the inconvenience you had to endure due to the renovation that is taking place during your stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

I made a reservation with my IHG Rewards card at the telephone number on the back of the card. The agent who made the reservation at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Addison was inefficient and rude. The IHG reservation agent was located somewhere in the Philippines, as I would later learn.

I arrived at the Addison property, located on Beltway, within twenty minutes of concluding my cell phone call with this rude and inefficient IHG reservation agent, to find that the property was under major renovations. The place was a hazard: a six-inch nail was on the ripped up floor inside the hotel “lobby” (...if you can really call it a “lobby”...)next to the entrance into the hotel. I had chosen not to park my sedan on the side or the back of the hotel property for fear of potentially running over a construction nail, causing me to have a flat tire to deal with the next morning, while trying to make an 8AM job interview.

At the property, I was greeted by “Ahad” (...or perhaps the name is “Asad”...): the sole employee on the property at the time of my late evening check-in. The folding banquet table, where Ahad sat to check me in was a make-shift surface with a PBX phone, a desktop and flat screen monitor and a few other necessary items. It was not a front desk, as that too, was under renovation and covered with plastic. The place was dusty.

There was no place to sit in the hotel lobby. Dust from major interior construction to the hotel foyer and lobby was everywhere. The floor of the entire hotel lobby and foyer was ripped up, partially refurbished in some areas, totally undone in others. The lobby bathrooms were non-functional and yet each restroom door was wide open for the public to view all of the large construction clutter leaning on the inside of the restroom walls. The vending machines on the first floor had large construction panels leaning next to the soda machines. Clearly, this property is no place for young children. There are far too many hazards!

Also, I had brought my portable printer to get some work done and printers for my 8AM interview the next morning but, I was informed by Ahad that the guest Business Center computer was not functional at the time and may or may not be functional in the morning.

Ahad eventually gave me a bottled water and $20 off my rate only after I called IHG reservations back from the hotel property “lobby” to complain about not being informed that the Addison property was and is currently under major interior renovations. IHG Supervisor Reservationists (named “Ivan”) said that the property should address my dissatisfaction with the property renovations.

The next morning, my check-out was delayed because the “front desk” clerk told me that he had no way to process a cash payment to pay for my room. There was literally no cash drawer at the front desk to tender my change. Also, his English/Spanish speaking accent complicated matters further.

I arrived a few minutes late for my 8AM interview on account of the delay to the business of checking out of this train wreck of a property at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites on Beltway in Addison, Texas.

I asked to speak to the General Manager (....one Mr. “Chan”), Who was not on property (supposedly) at the time of my check out at the “front desk.” Consequently, I was given a generic business card with the name “Chan” written on it by the “front desk” clerk....then I left....

....utterly disgusted.

Trip type: Travelled on business
James F, Loyalty Champion at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dallas-Addison, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Dear John S,

Thank you for being our valued and loyal IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us your valuable feedback. I am very sorry for the inconvenience you had to endure due to the construction that is taking place during your stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am sorry the hotel staff was not able to assist you with your needs.

Again, thank you for your review as we value you as our guest. We hope to serve you soon and provide you a more relaxing stay. If I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 9725037800 or hiaddison03@gmail.com.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

Would not stay here again. Room was dark and bleak. Bathroom has fixtures that didn't work. It even lacked a holder for the toilet paper. Elevator didn't work. Entrance and lobby were a total mess. Breakfast was gritty from the filth. Indifferent room cleaning.

I was told I would get a discount by the fellow that checked me in on Monday night as well as extra "points" - predictably, neither happened.

If you're asking, I would recommend any other hotel in this area. Wish I could award zero stars.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank John M

Hello John M,

Thank you for leaving us your valuable feedback. I am very sorry for the inconvenience you had to endure due to the construction that is taking place during your stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Recently stayed here. I was not aware they were under construction. Normally, not much an issue, but elevator was out of order. Had to carry 7 pieces up and down 3 flights of stairs. Most disturbing was the floors had only one exit available. The other exit was also out of order. Not sure if this meets local fire codes with only one exit available. Hotel should have offered a significant discount of 50%-75%, but none were offered. They did offer to cancel with no cost, but what are you to do at that time. Cost is very excessive due to construction.

Room tip: Wait until construction is completed. Consider other options.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank cewardjr
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dallas-Addison, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Hi cewardjr,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. I am truly sorry for the inconvenience you had to endure due to the ongoing construction including the malfunctioning elevator. Rest assured, we take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide a wonderful stay. I have faith in our hotel that they will continue to do their best to improve our amenities and services.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback. I truly hope that we will have a chance to make it up to you and provide you with a better stay in the future.

Alvin M.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

I rarely write bad reviews, but this is very important for anyone who stays in this hotel anytime soon. My husband and I chose this hotel because Holiday Inn is known for customer service, hospitality, and quality rooms. When we booked our rooms nothing was ever mentioned in the reservation about the hotel
undergoing major renovations. We would've seen past the renovations, but when we arrived (morning of Thursday, Nov. 2nd) we learned that the elevator was out of service. This was a major problem mainly because of the whole reason for our trip. I was in Dallas to walk in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day which is 60 miles. Knowing I had to walk 20 miles a day and then have to go up and down stairs every day made me pretty unhappy. The clerk was apologetic. He said the part was ordered for the elevator and that the hope was it would be there by Friday and fixed AT WORST by Saturday. We left on Monday and it had still not been fixed. We were not even offered to have our bags carried up to our rooms. Since we got to the hotel early, the only room available was on the 4th floor. The entire 1st floor was being renovated. I think the 2nd floor had only partial rooms that were t under renovations yet. I was on a team for the walk and several of my teammates chose this hotel as well so that we could stay at the same place. When we walked in the hotel Friday night (after 20 miles of walking) one of my teammates asked the manager, Reed House, if the elevator was working. He replied, “No, ma’am.” She went on to say, “That is just unacceptable. We’ve been walking all day.” He replied, “Well, you can checkout right now.” Several others witnessed this conversation that we all found extremely rude. He did not offer us discounts or accommodate us in any way. On Sunday, a note was slipped under the door that the power to the hotel would be completely shut off for a few hours in the afternoon. Every time we turned around, it was something else. We chose to stay the rest of the time despite all the inconveniences because from what we understood, nothing would be refunded and we would be charged for all nights we stayed or didn’t stay. Adding to the problems, I noticed that in the workout room, the treadmill (which I knew I wouldn’t use, but it’s just one more thing) had an out of order sign on it and the back door of the hotel didn’t lock securely. Despite having a key card scanner outside, you didn’t need to use it because the door was unlocked day and night. Anyone could get in the hotel and go up the back stairs to the rooms. The room itself was ok. The furnishings are old and I’m assuming that’s because of the renovation, but I can’t be sure because the bathroom looked practically brand new. It had no tub, just a shower with a big glass door. It was really pretty, but unfortunately they put the sliding door to step in on the far side of the shower so you had to reach in and turn water on with it spraying all over you. We assumed they installed it this way because having put the door on the side with the controls wouldn’t have worked so close to the toilet. It was annoying to have to get sprayed with freezing cold water every time you turned the shower on. The bed was comfortable and tv was nice, but were the only two things in the room worth mentioning. The furniture was very dated and one of the handles on the dresser was dangling. The pictures on the site look nothing like the hotel right now. It is completely torn up and the pool is not open. They really should’ve shut the place down until the renovations were done. Mainly due to the lack of customer service, no warning of renovations, and no accommodation to the inconveniences at all, we will not be staying here again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Ladycheree
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dallas-Addison, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Hi Ladycheree,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding our hotel. It is disheartening to learn about the inconveniences you had to endure due to the ongoing renovations. We would love to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in detail so we have sent you a private message in order to obtain additional information regarding your concerns.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to hear back from you soon and be of further assistance.

Alvin M.