“Excellent for extended stay travel”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Addison Galleria
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Addison
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent for extended stay travel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

First off let me just say I love this hotel and the wyndam brand. I realize that it is not one of the $150-$200 a night stuffy hotels. I have exp. many of those as a always traveling long term taveler. However, what this hotel is, is a very convenient extended stay hotel. A fully stocked kitchen ready to go. Just by groceries and you are set. Breakfast in the morning is great and you can eat in the breakfast area or return to your room w/your beakfast. This was my second long term stay over 3 weeks at this location.. I was here back in july long term and they have made some updates to the breakfast area. This location is very peaceful and safe w/no loud or unsavory characters. I love staying here and the Addison area. Monica and Joe are wonderful Managers and take good care of us. The housekeeping staff does a phenominal job as well and on occasion I have called and asked for clean towels or sheets and they are very prompt. I would compare hawthorne to a candlewood in there offering of the same features and price point. However ,hawthorne offers a full hot breakfast daily and candlewood none. Hawthorne furnishings are a 1-2 star upgrade. Hawthorne is a better deal al around!! Thanks all at the hawthorne for making our stay A-1 !!

Room Tip: The guest rooms are small if you are traveling with kids you may opt for a double queen size.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank angel h

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Carrollton, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

I'm a little late with this review and the problems that we experienced have hopefully been corrected. We stayed during Oktoberfest on 9/17/11. The manager at the front desk could not have been more accommodating and I appreciate that the poor man was doing the best that he could under the circumstances. But the first sign of trouble was the wet floor when we entered our room. Then again when the toilet was flushed and sewage started coming up from the floor drain and in the shower. We were quickly moved to another room and it had the same problems. Then the halls started getting wet. The manager was trying to get plumbing help so we left for Oktoberfest. When we got back much later, it appeared that the only correction made were dehumidifier fans in halls. We were too tired and, at that point, kind of trapped in a nightmare of smelly, noisy non-sleep. It was an awful experience and one I hope to never repeat.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

Several friends and I decided to do a "guy's weekend" in Dallas for a Cowboys game and a little golf. We chose to stay in Addison because it was roughly center to most of our activities (Cowboys-Bill game, round of golf at the Dallas Cowboys Golf Course, etc.) and close to decent restaurants and a Flying Saucer location.

Check-in was efficient and hospitable, though parking was a bit of an issue. The room itself was clean and orderly and the decor was pleasing. A large flat screen television, a decent kitchenette were also bonuses for the room. Also, the complimentary breakfast was far better than your average hotel with hot waffles, sausage, biscuits, gravy, etc.

There were a few minor drawbacks however. The mattress on my bed was extremely soft and did not provide a restful night's sleep. The hot water in the morning disappeared quite quickly but I attribute this to a high occupancy rate at the hotel.

Overall, Addison is a nice town to stay in; the local nightlife is more than acceptable for a little fun and the proximity of a Starbucks is a bonus. My group has already committed to a similar trip next year and we all agreed that we'd choose this hotel for next year.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Waterville, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel in the beginning of November. There were major positives and some inconveniences, so I'm still a little undecided about the hotel.

Pros:
- yummy selection of make-yourself (TX-shaped!) waffles, decent hot items (like eggs, sometimes potatoes, biscuits, gravy, meat, and oatmeal), usual selection of cold items (cereal, yogurt, fruit, good juice), and coffee/tea options for breakfast
- The room (I stayed in the smaller suite style with 1 king bed, separate living room area, TVs in bedroom and living room, well stocked kitchen with pots, pans, silverware, cutting board and things) was nice and the bed was comfortable.
- Easy to find location
- Close to a lot of different restaurants
- Good price for the room, amenities, and breakfast
- Free, wireless internet in my room--worked great
- Computer and printer near front desk, convenient and free for printing boarding passes for your flight
- There was a shuttle, but I did not need it while I was there, so I cannot comment further than just that I saw someone arranging to use it while I was there and it seemed convenient.

Cons:
- the microwave in my room did not work (I did not ask to move as I did not realize this until late in the evening on my 2nd night there when I tried to warm up water for tea and I was tired and did not want to move)
- In the room, I did not notice any informational booklet/binder in the room about places to go and places to eat in the area. I know I can look up ideas online, but I appreciate the information a hotel could compile, too.
- The hot and cold water were reversed in the shower! This made for a lukewarm shower one morning before I figured this out! They should fix that (in room 119) or put a sign up--it was very frustrating.
- No conditioner! I use shampoo and conditioner. They supply the bathroom with "conditioning" shampoo. For my frizzy hair, that just won't do! And they only left the little bottle of lotion when I left a note for housekeeping. On subsequent days they did not leave any lotion if I did not ask for it.
- My first morning at the hotel, we had NO HOT WATER! The manager that checked me in the night before alerted me to the problem and "promised" that the hot water would be back in the morning. When I work up at 6:30am to get ready for a long day of business meetings, I had to call down to the front desk to inquire about the water situation as I was only getting cold water still, but I wanted to make sure it was not just my room. He confirmed my suspicion that there was still no hot water in the entire hotel and said someone was coming back to fix it around 8:30am (too late for my responsibilities that day). I literally heated up water on the stove in my kitchenette area and created a warm bath for myself because there was not even lukewarm water available. I understand that things like that can happen, and the hot water was fixed by the time I got back to the hotel that evening, but the fact that there was no attempt to offer solutions and no heads up from the staff until I called them that morning felt unprofessional. Also, the "promise" from the manager went unfulfilled and there was no attempt to offer 1 free night's stay, a percentage off my next visit, or even just some extra Wyndham points or something. When I checked out the woman at the front desk just apologized. I was expecting a more professional response such as, "I am sorry for the inconvenience, my manager authorized us to offer the following to apologize to the guests . . ." Or "what could we do to encourage you to stay with us again or to make this experience more enjoyable for you?" I am not saying that the hotel should have reimbursed me for my entire stay, but I was surprised that they did not try to let the hotel guests know and try to make up for the "no-hot water" fiasco.

This was my first of 4 visits to the Addison area in the next couple of months for business, and my colleagues are traveling down there at other times this year. I was hoping to find a place that was restful, economical, professional, and had yummy breakfast. There are a lot of reasons I liked this stay, but I'm not sure if I'll be back or if I'll recommend it to my colleagues.

If I give it another chance next month, I'll write an updated review.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
HawthornGM, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Addison Galleria, responded to this review, 7 December 2011
Dear Kcrogs,

Thank you for taking the time to write a survey. I want to apologize for your experience with the cold water. I understand your frustraions, I know you were promised that the hot water would be on, we too were promised the hot water would be on and we believed it would be. As you stated, the situation was not one we could control. Our staff were given guildines and unfortantly, you were missed. Please give us a call and ask for either member of managment or ask for us the next time you come in. We would like to see you return and also speak you you in person.
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

We stayed in a queen suite which was more like a kitchenette with a separate bedroom. It was stocked with dishes and utensils and very clean. The bed was very comfortable with nice, soft linens. The internet connection was fast. The breakfast was plentiful, including eggs and potatoes! We booked through our NRA discount and got a great rate. We were able to walk across the parking lot to an Outback restaurant for dinner. Great location! Great value!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
0.5 km away
0.1 km away
Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas Addison
0.6 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Addison Galleria

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Addison Galleria? Share your experiences!