All reviews indoor pool french doors waffles living area favorite hotel biscuits and gravy hot tub dallas area coffee maker staff was friendly desk pets tvs microwave sink texas ac
Reviewed 4 August 2018

From the new exterior and as you walk into this hotel you can tell that they did a nice job on the remodel. However, this is a much older hotel and the rooms show it but they keep everything pretty clean and the rooms are really quiet. Breakfast isn't anything special for they have the usual biscuits and gravy, sausage, eggs, store pastries and waffles. I say it isn't anything special because the majority of it I can't eat due to food allergies and it would be nice to see a hotel serve bacon for a change (one of the few meats I can eat LOL). They did have real orange juice and apple juice which was nice. They naturally have coffee and creamer but no sugar (something that we all found odd). The front staff was friendly but not very social and lacked people skills. As for the rooms, they are very spacious and comfortable. They have remodeled but you can tell just did the basics to make the rooms nicer but the pain, pealing ceilings and electrical problems show you their age. I had to go around and adjust light bulbs and plugs in order to see anything in the room. The lamps and bathroom lights all had shorts in them. With that being said, the commodes are elongated which is nice for somebody who is 190 lbs that is 6ft 2in for these hotels that have commodes that are only big enough for a 5 year old is hard to take, the show worked great with a constant temperature and pressure, water gets hot when you need it in the sink as well, they have a true living room that has a recliner and sofa-bed as well as a desk with a very nice computer chair, a small kitchenette (Mini-Fridge, Microwave, Sink) and a separate bedroom that you can close the french doors, the living room and bedroom has their own TV but there was only one remote, there is a ceiling fan in the living room and at the kitchenette they have an air-booster because the AC is in the bedroom so you can flip the switch and still cool the rest of the room with the bedroom doors close and they have an assortment of power outlets throughout the room to power all of your devices. The halls didn't have circulated air and with the temperatures in the 100's the halls and elevator were very hot a stuffy. The hotel does have an indoor heated pool with a very comfortable temperature but they don't have any ventilation or air circulating so it is very overwhelming and takes your breath away when you first enter the pool area. The pool water itself was clean but the chairs, floor and area around the pool was anything but clean. There was hair everywhere, animal cookies that had been around water for so long they mostly disintegrated and all kinds of other things that only God knows what it could of been. Overall this is still a solid hotel and I would recommend this for families, friends, business trips or anything of the like. They advertise that they have a shuttle but they do not. So ended up having to take an Uber which was fine. So again, even though this is an old hotel, it is still a nice hotel that has comfortable, clean and very quiet rooms.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 July 2018

This is the first time I've ever posted a review on this site. Having said that, the rate they gave me wasn't bad but their service needs a lot of improvement. My family and I had a suite with a king bed and a pull out sofa bed. So far so good, right? Wrong! Their WiFi is spotty at best. It was pretty good for a little while but now it's nonexistent. When I went to the front desk to report this, their attitude was dismissive at best.
We repeatedly requested our room to be cleaned (new towels, trash taken, etc) and it was done MAYBE 4 times in 3 weeks, This is unacceptable and pathetic.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

So kids got out of school the end of May and we have the Six Flags Diamond Elite Passes which get us into six flags and hurricane harbor. We also have the meal passes which get each of us lunch, dinner, and snack at each visit. We also have the Speedzone season passes. So almost every weekend since school has let out we have came to Dallas/Arlington area. Well we found the hotel honestly because of Priceline express deals. We booked it the first time and feel and in love. We book this hotel every time now. It is right by everything we like. Perfect restaurants and night time grown up places to go after playing with the kids all day! The gym is good and in the perfect location. I can watch my big kids swim while I get some exercise in. The lobby is always nice and clean! The breakfast is nice. The kids just love having choices. The room is so perfect. Fits everyone perfectly and comfortable! There is a microwave, refrigerator, and sink(mini kitchen). I would like to SHOUT OUT TO: ALI, TASIA, and DARIUS! They have been there throughout most of our stays and have always been super helpful and kind! I love seeing them everytime we go. To know who to expect at the desk when we arrive and leave is awesome. I am so glad we found this awesome hotel! It is so perfect for my family and our weekend getaways with our kiddos and the occasional date night!!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2018

We call this hotel our temporary home during our transition from Fort Worth. We've been at this location since April during our forever home search. The room was big, clean and all amenities were intact per the internet. Most of the reviews you'll read are petty. This hotel has changed names and ownership and has the normal wear and tear on it. The entire staff from the housekeeping to the GM have been more than helpful and welcoming during our stay. Shaquil(GM), Taja, Ali, Shomone, and the weekday breakfast lady are AWESOME and PROFESSIONAL. They have made us comfortable and made a bit easier in this transition. Having 2 small children isn't easy being in a hotel but these staff members have made it so much easier. The pool is AWESOME and perfect for any weather due to it being indoors. The location is close to any and everything. Thanks Quality Suites Addison for your hospitality.

Room tip: All rooms are the same and perfect for the price
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2018

This place was sad, sad, sad. I was very excited to come stay here for the weekend but when I first arrived there was A) No A/C downstairs. If we were anywhere else but Texas maybe it wouldn't be so terrible - but it was 100°+ out - no lie. B) The girl that checked me in said she had to ask housekeeping which room was "clean" -- we get to the room and it was not clean. There were holes in the wall; in the "living room" there was one tiny light in the ceiling on the far side of the room (furthest from the door) and it had a dingy yellow bulb. There was one lamp in the room with the same dingy yellow bulb. The bedroom had a bed that felt like it could possibly break - ripped comforter, weird stained windows, as well. There was black stuff on the wall - like a spiderweb that was charred. There was something metal sticking out of the wall, as well, no idea what it was. There was blood or rust? in the bathtub and the faucet was basically falling out of place.

Thankfully we were upgraded to room 330 - the largest room they have. It had about 700 lights in the living area and the same for the bedroom - I guess it's not that hard of a concept to add lighting? There was a jetted Jacuzzi, which was SOOOOOOOOO lovely - seriously. The best ever. The shower was clean. The bathroom clean (minus the weird stains on the towels...) The room was perfect and romantic, honestly. It just was hilarious because on the nightstand the cleaners didn't bother to dust off crumbs - they just left them sitting on an empty memo pad (quite hilarious...)

I have contacted Choice Hotel's corporate office to see if I can get my 8,000 points back I used for the night - sure, once we upgraded it was good, but ........it wasn't worth it. The smells. The lack of air. The fact we had to first go into a sad, sad room... It's Addison! You'd think they'd make it nice. I guess you win some, you lose some.

Room tip: Ask for room 330 (or 302) - they're the biggest, cleanest rooms I suppose.
Date of stay: June 2018