“The best!!”

Holiday Inn Anderson
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Anderson
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

What a pleasant surprise..One of the best hotels I've been in for a while. They let me get an early check in when I arrived a little early. The restaurant was only serving Lasagna an I couldn't eat so they let me just get a Caesar salad from the buffet and didn't even charge me. The bar is lively and the bartender ANGEL lives up to her name. Front check in was easy and fast. Room service was really good. It probably was one of the friendliest hotels I have been to in recent memory.
Thanks to everyone there I saw the eclipse with a lot of fun guests

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Staff very friendly and welcoming. Gerri in restaurant was excellent. She made you feel like you were the most important people there. Beds are very comfy and pillows were great. We'll be staying there every time we go back to Anderson.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul G
Reviewed 2 August 2017

The appearance of the hotel was very nice. They offered a breakfast buffet for $9.99 from 8-10. We arrived late that night, it was quite and they had an available room. However, it probably wouldn't be my first choice if I was in town again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank southern824
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Anderson, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear southern824,

Thank you for sharing your impressions of your recent stay with us.

I am very happy that our hotel and our breakfast met your expectations. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our valued guests on how we are doing. Once again thank for choosing to stay with us.

We would be delighted if you visit us again in the future .

Best Regards,

Ben W.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Hotel staff were friendly but the accommodations were pretty bad. I requested a microwave when I booked the room. They put me in a room with no microwave and then had the maintenance man bring a microwave to my room. He had to put the microwave on the desk sideways because it was the only working outlet. Even the outlet by the bed didnt work. You can see from the photos that the furniture is very worn down and I was concerned the shower rod was going to come out of the wall.
I won't stay there again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank MelissaAnn125
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Anderson, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Dear MelissaAnn125,

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience. Our goal is to deliver exceptional service and comfortable accommodation to all of our guests and we appreciate you have acknowledged our friendly staff. However, I regret to know that your stay was negatively affected by your request of microwave and how this was addressed and setup. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have shared your comments with the hotel management and we’re confident that necessary actions will be made to meet our guests' needs and expectations.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope that this stay will not deter you from giving the hotel another chance to make your stays as pleasant as possible.

Grace P.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

We found this location to be fine, but there was nothing to distinguish it in either a good or bad way. No real complaints--though I did notice that the elevator floors were a bit dirty.

Room was clean, and the hallways were quiet. We chose to eat breakfast elsewhere in part because of the price, but the breakfast food we saw looked little better than the free breakfast at a Holiday Inn Express.

One turnoff--while the hotel is a nonsmoking hotel, all the smokers were gathered outside the front door of the hotel so you had to walk through a fog of smoke to get into the lobby.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Anderson, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Hello SEB8536,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that you found our rooms clean and staff contributed in making your experience comfortable and memorable. It is always a pleasure to hear that our staff were able to provide excellent service, therefore we will make sure to share your kind comments with the rest of our team. On the other hand, I am sorry for the cleanliness of our elevators and smoking area of the hotel. I have shared your comments with hotel management, who responded with genuine concern for the impact this had on your stay. I know they appreciate you sharing your experience, and I am confident they will take appropriate steps so this doesn’t happen again.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns. Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort. We look forward to having the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel in the near future.

Krysllin G