“Much better than expected!”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Anderson, SC
Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Anderson
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Expected what recent negative reviews reported. With the photos included my review is positive. Room was clean. Bathroom very good condition and clean. Good landscaping, building and grounds maintenance observed. Breakfast included scrambled eggs, biscuits, sausage gravy, waffles, toast, muffins, yogurt, fruit, cereals, Danish and bagels, boiled eggs, oatmeal, juices and coffee. In-room safe, fridge, micro. Old furniture was clean. Old TV ... With front plug-ins for gamers etc.

Staff friendly and helpful. This was an overnight Monday stay. We were allowed to check in early (because our room happened to be ready early). On Monday night all quiet.

Waffle House is a few steps away and Mc D's across the street.

I'll stay again. Online pre-purchase about $49 + tax.

Room Tip: Rooms on same side as office entrance were quiet wit little traffic noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
ShenequaCannady, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Anderson, SC, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear Guest

We appreciate you taking the time to submit a review regarding your recent stay with us at the Quality Inn Anderson, SC. Your feedback as a hospitality leader is truly valuable. We were thrilled to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. In our opinion it is the service of each hotel that sets it apart and our team is committed to providing only the best customer service to our guests.

We look forward to serving you again when your travels bring you back to the Anderson area!

Reviewed 17 August 2013

My husband and I are currently staying in this hotel for the weekend. We appreciate that there is a ballroom for events for people to use and attend. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of our room here. (compared to other Quality Inns we have stayed in the past) The landscaping is beautiful and the grounds are kept up nicely. They are doing a great job in keeping the place nice considering is an older hotel. The room is rather nice. We were treated with respect when checking in. My only complaint, is that when I called ahead about our room request, we asked for a room with a refrigerator and microwave. We were told that the room we were assigned had one. We were even reassured this at check in. Upon entering our room, there was no refrigerator or microwave. We immediately called the front desk and the pleasant gentleman that answered the phone said he would speak with the manager and that person would give us a call back. We did not receive that call back. I followed up in the morning with the front desk and the lady that answered the phone proceeded to inform me that the manager had called back and that we must of been out of the room, then she proceeded to inform me that there were no refrigerators for our room. My biggest complaint is the miscommunication about this refrigerator issue. We are special diets and need the refrigerator to store our things. I just don't like being told being one thing and then disappointed when I don't get what I was told I was getting. We were not offered to have a refrigerator sent to our room, nor were we offered to move to another room to meet the accommodations that we were told we were getting. All I received was "I'm sorry". That is a level of unprofessionalism hat is unacceptable to me. We are frequent travelers and stay with Choice hotels frequently. We are Gold members working toward the next level. I guess, I feel that we would have been treated a bit more nicely with honestly from the get go. On the other hand, the property seems well taken care of. Just a bit more compassion from the staff would be nice to have.

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool yard is very nice. It is nicely manicured and maintained.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for write a review while staying with us here. Here at the Quality Inn Anderson we strive on service to our gust needs. Sorry that we dis not have anymore Microwaves and Refrigerators available for you at time of check in. So if you ever back in the area please give us another chance to wow you.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

All I can say is PLEASE do not be misled by the pictures. This place is a total DUMP! Apparently there was some type of event taking place this weekend because all other hotels were booked. That's the ONLY reason we booked a room here. For starters, the stair wells that lead to the 2nd floor are unsafe. They are rusted, cracked, and the banisters are wobbly. The only ice machine is located on the 2nd floor in the back corner in a filthy room. The rooms were okay. However, there were a few parties that took place so I was awakened by a loud party going on next door at 1:00 in the morning. My father was awakened by another party next to his room and also smelled marijuana. The next morning I had no hot water. Then when I came back in the afternoon, the clock radio was blaring with music. Apparently, the cleaning crew needed music to clean up and forgot to turn it off. The only positive was the staff at the front desk was nice and courteous. In my opinion, this hotel needs to be completely gutted and remodeled or needs to be torn down. NOTHING about this hotel says "QUALITY" hence the name Quality Inn.

Room Tip: There IS no good room!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SMC0133
ShenequaCannady, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Anderson, SC, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Thanks for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I am sorry you had a less than pleasant experience while in Anderson, SC.

Since your stay we have been working on the issues you mentioned. I have spoken with my Housekeeping staff about leaving the volume on the radio in the room while cleaning and corrective action has been taken. We do not allow others to interrupt a guest stay experience here by loud parties. I have take the time to retrain my staff on making how to approach noise disturbances once they are informed of them.

We would love the opportunity to have you as our guest once again. Please think about giving us another try on your next visit to Anderson, SC. We'd like another chance to dazzle you.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

We have stayed at this hotel monthly for at least 8 months . The last three visits have gotten worse . From no hot water to having to make three calls to get a plunger to dirty clothes left in the drawers .This visit being the icing on the cake . Requested microwave and refrigerator in our room . Got on out of two . The nastiest part is getting up at 1am to have to kill 3 roaches . Took the roaches to the front desk . Were told the manger would call us for the third time no call . Pretty sure we will spend our money else were .

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Rodiltz
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I stayed at the Quality Inn in Anderson SC and I must say I was impressed the lobby was very stylish and the front desk staff had a warm greeting for us upon our arrival. As we entered our room it was very clean I liked the fact that we had a small fridge in the room. I must say that the bed was comfortable. Upon check out I did not know that they served breakfast the front deskperson convinced us to eat and they had a nice variety to choose from. All and all it was a great experience and I would recomend it to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple