See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 August 2013

My husband and I are currently staying in this hotel for the weekend. We appreciate that there is a ballroom for events for people to use and attend. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of our room here. (compared to other Quality Inns we have stayed in the past) The landscaping is beautiful and the grounds are kept up nicely. They are doing a great job in keeping the place nice considering is an older hotel. The room is rather nice. We were treated with respect when checking in. My only complaint, is that when I called ahead about our room request, we asked for a room with a refrigerator and microwave. We were told that the room we were assigned had one. We were even reassured this at check in. Upon entering our room, there was no refrigerator or microwave. We immediately called the front desk and the pleasant gentleman that answered the phone said he would speak with the manager and that person would give us a call back. We did not receive that call back. I followed up in the morning with the front desk and the lady that answered the phone proceeded to inform me that the manager had called back and that we must of been out of the room, then she proceeded to inform me that there were no refrigerators for our room. My biggest complaint is the miscommunication about this refrigerator issue. We are special diets and need the refrigerator to store our things. I just don't like being told being one thing and then disappointed when I don't get what I was told I was getting. We were not offered to have a refrigerator sent to our room, nor were we offered to move to another room to meet the accommodations that we were told we were getting. All I received was "I'm sorry". That is a level of unprofessionalism hat is unacceptable to me. We are frequent travelers and stay with Choice hotels frequently. We are Gold members working toward the next level. I guess, I feel that we would have been treated a bit more nicely with honestly from the get go. On the other hand, the property seems well taken care of. Just a bit more compassion from the staff would be nice to have.

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool yard is very nice. It is nicely manicured and maintained.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
ShenequaCannady, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Anderson, SC, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for write a review while staying with us here. Here at the Quality Inn Anderson we strive on service to our gust needs. Sorry that we dis not have anymore Microwaves and Refrigerators available for you at time of check in. So if you ever back in the area please give us another chance to wow you.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

We have stayed at this hotel monthly for at least 8 months . The last three visits have gotten worse . From no hot water to having to make three calls to get a plunger to dirty clothes left in the drawers .This visit being the icing on the cake . Requested microwave and refrigerator in our room . Got on out of two . The nastiest part is getting up at 1am to have to kill 3 roaches . Took the roaches to the front desk . Were told the manger would call us for the third time no call . Pretty sure we will spend our money else were .

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Rodiltz
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I stayed at the Quality Inn in Anderson SC and I must say I was impressed the lobby was very stylish and the front desk staff had a warm greeting for us upon our arrival. As we entered our room it was very clean I liked the fact that we had a small fridge in the room. I must say that the bed was comfortable. Upon check out I did not know that they served breakfast the front deskperson convinced us to eat and they had a nice variety to choose from. All and all it was a great experience and I would recomend it to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Okay, so- if you aren't picky... and if you're very patient, this hotel may be okay for you. However we stayed here 3 different times in the last 2 weeks (4 days, 2 days, 1 day) each experience was less impressive than the first.
Each time we stayed we were told we'd have a room with a micro-fridge... and had to be switched because the room initially assigned did not have a micro-fridge.
The second time we stayed, we were very happy to change rooms (not only because of the micro-fridge situation) because upon arrival we found an empty condom wrapper on the lid of the toilet. Of course apologies were made and rooms were switched.

My major problem with this hotel was the lack of etiquette by the staff. We were "walked in on" three times during these 7 days. No knock, just the door opening and a staff member barging in the room. Housekeeping, maintenance... you get the idea. A knock is only common courtesy.... not to mention VERY appropriate when going into a person's living space.

Also, breakfast was being closed 15 minutes before the posted closing time. When I arrived to make breakfast I apologized to- but after awkwardly getting a quick bite the employee continued to break-down the breakfast area. It was very uncomfortable (especially as I still had 5 minutes... )

The fitness center is also being "renovated" right now and unable to be accessed. I understand that this happens, however I would have liked to have known this when making my reservation as it is something I specifically look for in a hotel. However, I would have given this hotel the same rating no matter the fitness room situation.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank afitgypsy
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Excellent location and Service, rooms could def use a little updating or a super deep clean but it was not too bad. Location close to mall and all of Anderson'a shopping and entertainment. Employees very nice and helpful. Quiet considering location.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Crystal B
ShenequaCannady, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Anderson, SC, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Dear Guest

I was thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team is here and committed to providing truly exceptional customer service. I would also like to thank you for your kind words, I, as well as the rest of our team take every guests satisfaction personally.

We thank you for taking the time to submit a review regarding your stay and can't wait to see you on your next visit to Anderson; in the meantime if there is anything my staff or I can do for you please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Sincerely