“Just right and everything we needed”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Anderson, SC
Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Anderson
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We spent a long weekend in Anderson SC and needed a home base for our day trips to the surrounding area. The Quality Inn provided everything we needed in a professional and friendly way. It was a pleasure.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank David D

Reviewed 30 April 2012

I stayed here April 9th & 10th. I woke up on the morning of the 10th with bed bug bites. I complained at the front desk and they said they didn't have bed bugs. The General Manager Danny had the room checked and said there were no bed bugs. I requested another room for the night of the 10th and found a bed bug crawling toward me on the nightstand. I requested a third room and looked for signs of infestation myself. I didn't wake up with any more bites. I was not offered a free night even though Choice Rewards said they had authorized the hotel to do so. I opened a complaint with Choice Rewards and was never contacted by the General Manager. After a month of calls to Choice Rewards they are mailing me refund for one night. While I was there I also noticed 6 other rooms being fumigated. The rest of the staff was good but the General Manager is terrible. He also did not give us our reward points so I'm going to have to haggle with Choice Rewards over those too.

They are not treating the guests luggage or clothing before moving them to a new room so basically they are just spreading bed bugs through out the whole hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank ghostlyfun
Reviewed 25 April 2012

The staff were friendly and really helpful. I arrived too early for check in (after a twelve hour drive!) but the manager very kindly checked me in 6 hours early and did not charge me for the extra time! Nice quiet rooms, fresh sheets on the bed, and located in a good area. Breakfast was not as good as other Quality Inns I have stayed at but I still managed to find enough to fill me up and the coffee was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jo S
Reviewed 21 April 2012

This hotel is on my circuit of frequently stayed in homes-away-from-home. My Job requires me to drive all over south Carolina and if I am ever in the area, I find myself looking forward to staying here. The location is great: right in town and close to all kinds of restaurants from cheap an easy to upscale dining. The mall is only a couple of blocks away. I'm not a mall shopper so I honestly cannot comment on anything other than the book store which is your typical books-a-million.

The hotel staff are very friendly and will help you in anyway they can. The rooms are never dirty. Large flat screen television In every room. The breakfast is also very fair. Typical biscuit n gravy, waffles, eggs, cereal.

The only reason I rated this motel 4 out of 5 is simply due to the nature of the beast when dealing with these middle of the road joints. Definently 5 stars as far as quality inns are concerned. Just don't expect it to be the double tree.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Daddy F
Reviewed 5 April 2012

The Quality Inn, Anderson. SC is centrally located to shopping and dining. Well maintained, nice rooms with a varied breakfast. Breakfast items range from cereal, toast and juice to scrambled eggs, sausage gravy, biscuits and waffles. This hotel has a fitness center on site (I did not use) and a very nice pool area. The pool was empty but the staff expects it to be available by the first week of June. The Quality Inn also offers 2 gas grills that may be used by those staying onsite. This hotel is a good choice for business, family and single travelers, without pressing early morning plans. The main drawback for construction workers is the breakfast is not served until 6:30 am and for those who need to be at work by 7 am, it is inconvenient. A Waffle House restaurant is onsite, which offers good food at reasonable prices. I noticed the Quality Inn, Anderson has several nice meeting rooms for those who may be interested in group functions.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business