“Fatz Food”

Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 20 April 2016

Infrequent visitors who were pleasantly surprised by a new menu since our last visit. Although there was a waiting list, our two-some was seated within minutes. One order of the chopped salad (highly recommend) and one order of the original Fatz sampler (I couldn't decide). Of course we shared. Ribs were, "fall off the bone" delicious. Calabash chicken, their signature dish was par for the course. Service was prompt, knowledgeable, and extremely friendly. Food was served, as ordered and very quickly.
Definitely on our list for a return visit.

Date of visit: April 2016

Reviewed 30 March 2016

We went here for lunch. This was on a Tuesday. We were seated promptly. Our server was courteous and knowledgeable. She made several suggestions which helped in our decision on what to order.
Food delivery was a little slower than I thought, because they were not very busy at that time.
I had the Shrimp bisque which was excellent and 1/2 of their club sandwich. Both were good.
Others had the lunch Calabash chicken, and the popcorn shrimp. both were tasty, but the shrimp was a little disappointing.
Overall an average experience. We would go back, but it did not stand out as a great place at least for our tastes.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 15 January 2016

We are winterizing in Aiken. We went to Katz on our first night in town. We had Calabash Chicken and Shrimp which was very good and Pot Pie which was also very good. We were there again last evening and had the pork chop with peach chutney and the ribs. Both entrees were delicious and reasonably priced. The staff is very attentive to refilling your water glasses and coffee and bringing napkins.We'll go there a few more times.

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 27 November 2015 via mobile

First let me say the service was friendly and the tea was good. And that's about all I can say good. We ordered firecrackers, they came out flat. Seriously. They weren't any shape. Not sure what happened there! Then my chicken sandwich looked so good. I cut it in half so I could get a good handle on it before tearing into it. I picked it up, mouth watering, ready for deliciousness.... And the chicken was pink inside. Disappointed and crestfallen I sent it back. It took forever, I mean like so long I wasn't even hungry anymore! And not their fault but to add to the adventure was the person who kept "hocking up loogies" to the horror of the rest of the diners!

Ps. My recooked chicken sandwich was decent.

Date of visit: November 2015
1  Thank Jfreeman608
Reviewed 21 November 2015

My wife and I have been to the FATZ here in Aiken, SC many times.

We have never been disappointed. The food has always been delicious and the service has always been excellent. And the prices are very reasonable, too.

We'll be going back soon, I am sure.

Art in Aiken

Date of visit: November 2015

Been to FATZ? Share your experiences!