“Wonderful Irish tavern with great Shepherd's Pie”

McCloskey's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 104 Restaurants in Ardmore
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 January 2016

My wife, daughter, and I had to be in Ardmore over lunch and thought that McCloskey's Tavern, on an off street, had a lot of old world charm and decided that this was the place for lunch. We were not disappointed. Service was warm, friendly, and quick. The Irish and American food was plated nicely, delicious, and not overly expensive. The Shepherd's Pie, always my favorite, was excellent. We would go back in a heartbeat and certainly recommend it to any and all.

Reviewed 14 January 2016

Visiting with grandchildren in the upper teens, this proved to be a perfect place to sit back and not hurry through our meal. The burgers are large and varid and quite good according to my grandson. My granddaughter and I had the special soup and shared the corned beef special. My wife had what she called a very well made salad of fresh greens.

Reviewed 16 November 2015

The food and staff are great. The initial wait time on a Friday night could have deterred others but not our group of 4. It's a local place, many familiar faces and the 15-20 minute quote was gone in a blink of an eye. A perfectly made Manhattan and the recommended evening specials were the highlights. Love that the windows open to Cricket Av. to enjoy the fall weather.

Reviewed 12 November 2015

I just had the desire for a great hamburger and McCloskey's delivered beautifully - wonderful taste, cooked exactly as I asked, great service. This restaurant is a local gem with great food and ambience. Also the wait staff is both pleasant and efficient. Bravo Ardmore!!!

Reviewed 19 October 2015

McCloskey's Irish Tavern has been in business for over 75 years, and there must be a good reason. It's on Cricket Avenue, a small one way street off Lancaster Ave (US30) in Ardmore, PA ... so you have to look for it a bit, but it's worth finding. Nice, comfortable surroundings, with friendly service, and good food and drink ... what more would you want?

Been to McCloskey's Restaurant? Share your experiences!