“Great local spot”

Bridget's Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Bridget's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 70 Restaurants in Ambler
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

The chief and I met our kids there Sunday for dinner. It’s right in the heart of ambler and while they have valet parking which is helpful during the week there is ample street parking as well. Bar service was fine and table server was very good too. I had a rib eye, the chief had a strip and the kids had chicken and ribeyes. Steaks were cooked perfectly and surprisingly so was chicken. Definitely try this place!

Date of visit: August 2018
AmblerSteve83, General Manager at Bridget's Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Thank you so much for the review and I'm glad you pointed out that we do other things well besides our steaks. Next time you're in, check out the pork chop, duck or special fish of the night - you won't be disappointed! Thanks again and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2018

Food mostly was fine. I ordered an appetizer that ended up being served with an ingredient I cannot eat, and the ingredient was not listed on the menu. The waiter was fine, but on the cusp of being too pushy with wanting us to order more. The bus service was okay--one was fine, the other started taking silverware and plates while we still were eating. When I politely stopped her she just looked at me and walked away. No rish to return.

Date of visit: June 2018

Thank you for your review and I will definitely attend to the issues you presented here. Some menu items are complex so it is always recommended that guests let us know if they have any allergies or foods they do not desire ahead of time.
As for the busser, when you politely stopped her, her looking and walking away was a simple acknowledgement - because, she speaks very little English - please don't take it personally, and give us another try!

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Great selection of beers and cocktails, recommend the Slaughterhouse Sour
Recommend one of the great seafood dishes (starters and main)
Will come back one day,
Cheers from Germany

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Mathias1971

Mathias thank you for the awesome review!
Hope to see you again soon, safe travels!

Reviewed 1 June 2018

Received a gift from our kids for dinner here and we selected the pre-fixed menu which is only available from 5pm-6pm so keep that in mind. The atmosphere was pleasant with enough table space as to not feel crowded which was separated from the beautiful bar by a half wall. Our waitress was pleasant and accommodating. Now to the food......delicious mouthwatering filet cooked perfectly on top of string beans & mashed potatoes which was our main meal. Included in dinner was an appetizer of crab cake, again perfect with lump crabmeat and no filler, yummy! Our desert was delicious as well. Would we go again, you bet we would !!!!

Date of visit: May 2018

Thank you for the great review!
I definitely hope to see you real soon

Reviewed 27 February 2018

So I went here with some friends and it was a pretty good evening, but nothing special. They were busy and the bar was full so I felt in the way waiting there. There wasn't much space between the bar and other tables which was a little awkward but no big deal. My food was pretty good, I had the chorizo mac and cheese appetizer and a steak. The steak was cooked well and flavorful and the mac and cheese was delicious. I guess my issue was I felt like I was paying center city prices for everything and instead was in the boro of Ambler.....big difference. The food was certainly above average but the portions and quality didnt match the price in my opinion. For what its worth the people I was with disagreed with me and we all had a great time. Ill go back if someone else has made the plans but if Im going to a steakhouse for a nice dinner Im heading to Del Frisco's in Philly not Anywhere in Ambler.

The appetizer mac and cheese was $12 I think, and was like a kids portion of mac and cheese they would get at a restaurant. Yes the quality was better but felt like $8 made more sense. The drinks were very expensive as well.

Date of visit: February 2018

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed the food but I'm sorry you feel Del Frisco's is better suited for you.

If you order a steak at Del Frisco's - do you get green beans and mashed potatoes included with your meal?

Answer.. "No" We pride ourselves in giving people the center city feel in the burbs without insulting people with pricing. So while Del Frisco's charges $44 for their 8oz. "steak on a plate", we charge $38 for the 8oz. steak WITH green beans/mashed potatoes. For $12.00 more at Del Frisco's, you get yourself one of those sides, but for $12.00 more at Bridgets, you got yourself a nice skillet with mac n cheese with chorizo.

Ambler's a nice town that offers a lot of what the city has to offer. We just don't charge you for parking and give you a little more bang for your buck. Philly is extra nice, but you're going to pay for it even before you walk in the door of one of its fine establishments. (eh hem! Parking isn't free!)