“A True Ambler Gem!”
Review of Pie and Plate Cafe

Pie and Plate Cafe
Ranked #2 of 6 Dessert in Ambler
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped in at the Pie and Plate Cafe in Ambler for what turned out to be an absolutely delightful meal! I ordered Montgomery-Road Sandwich (containing mayo, turkey, and cheddar cheese), on a homemade biscuit with a cup of wild rice soup. The biscuit was super fresh and I also sensed homemade mayo. I tried the Montgomery-Road on a pretzel roll which was stellar, as well! In addition, I had sampled the Brookside Quiche (containing turkey, bacon and cheddar) which was creamy, decadent, and delicious! To finish off the memorable meal I shared two slices of pie with my sister and Granny; The Tennis Avenue Pie (Chocolate-Peanut Butter-Pretzel), and The Cherry Pie with a Pecan Crumble. Both were exceptional! The Tennis Avenue Pie was rich and and thick and chocolatey and had a nice crunch from the crust and pretzel bits. And the Cherry Pie will blew us away! It was nutty and sweet, yet subtle, with a few whole cherries thrown into the mix. The crumble topping was to die for and the filling made the slice even more enjoyable. My Granny (who claims she has eaten quite a few slices of cherry pie in her day), says that, "Without doubt, this is the best cherry pie I've ever had in my life". In addition to the food, the friendly service and cheerful atmosphere made the Pie and Plate Cafe even better. We will be sure to come back.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank 538viviv

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

We found this cafe on trip advisor and after a long day at a lacrosse tournament we decided to make a stop for a carry out dinner. The chicken pot pie was AMAZING! The pie crust was flaky, buttery and could be eaten by itself. The filling was a cream base chock full of chicken and veggies.

We indulged in several sweet pies and the lemon cheese with gingerbread crust was the favorite. The chocolate peanut butter pretzel pie was delicious too oh and so was the coconut cream in oreo crust. Lol!

They sell various teas too. Cozy place to sit and enjoy their delights. The staff was very friendly and made sure we had everything packed for dinner to go.

We wish we were local because we'd be back for sure!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Came after reading the reviews. Was not disappointed. Staff is friendly, especially the owner. Food was out of this world. Quaint decor. Definitely has seating to eat there. More than just a bakery. I had the chicken pot pie. My friend had a turkey sandwich on a croissant. They put their personal touch on each dish. Portions on small side, but so much the better, leaves room for delicious pie. Key lime and Apple were fantastic. Would definitely return.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Stopped here on the way from Philly to upstate NY. This place ha really tasty baked goods, soups and salads. We had a spinach quiche, chicken and bean soup and special salad. The crust on the quiche was stupendous as a were the croutons. For dessert we had luscious chocolate cream pie. We live in NC the home of great biscuits and the biscuits here were every bit as good as from home. The next table reported great tasting scones. We found out that the difference between scones and biscuits is that scones have eggs. This baker knows how to bake.

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank 40nancym
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

I have enjoyed many lunch outings in this quaint, corner restaurant. There are several tables for 2 as well as a couple of larger multiple seat tables.
The food offerings are named after local streets in Ambler. They have a variety of pot pies, including chicken marsala, mac and cheese, and chicken to name a few. The price is under $10 and includes salad, soup, or chips. They also offer quiche and sandwiches. For dessert there are a variety of cupcakes and pies.
Also for sale are local handicrafts including cards, candles, and purses, and paintings.

Date of visit: April 2017