“Penny wise, pound foolish to stay here...”

Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I stayed here back in July for a baseball tournament in Allentown. Our team got a block deal at another hotel nearby, but I was too slow on responding. Plus, the cost was $30 more a night, and over three nights, that adds up. I found the Red Roof in right across the street from the other hotel (so my son could still hang out with the team) and thought this was a great savings.

Boy, was I wrong.

For starters, the room was dingy and seemed to have been a smoking room at one time. Maybe right before I checked in. The room did appear clean, but definitely did not smell fresh.

Another issue we had was the clientele....the two nights we stayed there, there were arguments and what I think were fights in nearby rooms. I didn't complain because it didn't seem the hotel staff ever did anything about this, and I suspected staff involvement (NOTE: I have no proof about this, it was just a feeling, and since I was with my young son I didn't want to have any run ins).

Why two nights? I was so disgusted with the hotel, I checked out and stayed on the couch of another team parent.

All in all, I can't recommend this hotel. As far as the good rate, pay another $30 and get a clean room and breakfast included.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank CamAndPhoebsDad
RedAllentown, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2011

Thank you for staying at the Red Roof Inn-Allentown Airport. At Red Roof Inns, we pride our selves on providing our guests with the best lodging experience possible, and I apoloigize that we failed to do this during your stay.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide the high level of standards and customer service that you deserve.

We look forward to being of service to you in the near future, and as always, our Front Desk Staff stands ready to assist you 24 hours a day.

Very truly yours,

William Fritz
Red Roof Inn - Allentown Airport

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport

Reviewed 5 September 2011

Although the air conditioner did give the room a bit of a moldy smell (remedied by turning it off and propping the door open) the front desk staff was SUPER friendly. There was a patch of grass along the side to walk the dog and even the staff was great with my dog. We originally did not have a room with a refrigerator but needed one due to medical issues- the hotel was booked because of a local event but they promised they would do their best and were able to find us a room with a refrigerator once we arrived! This really made such a huge difference (they even offered us a room next to the main lobby and use of their own refrigerator if they didn't have one available for us). I would definitelly recommend this hotel, the beds were very comfy, clean towel and linens, lots of places to eat close by- and a dog park about 15 minutes away! AND NO PET FEE Enjoy your stay! (with the military/government discount we payed just under $70 for the night)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank joebanks1234
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Usually when you think of Red Roof you think, economical, not as modern or not very good service. However, this hotel was very clean, near good shops and restaurants , movie theater and the front desk staff was outstanding. Better than some of the service received at four star hotels I've stayed in. We had a last minute guest come in and needed to switch to a double bed room. No problem or explaining there, we were instantly switched. The best part, is if you are traveling with some little four legged friends , they are accepted and welcomed here. I would definitely recommend and stay here again whole in the area!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Wrldtraveler365
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I've never found Red Roofs to be a place I wanted to stay, but this was pretty good. The price was reasonable, the room clean and the staff very helpful. We came in with Traveler's Checks and the clerk did not know how to use them, so she immediately called her boss to find out how. The room smelled a little musty and the bed was a little hard. That would be my only problem with the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judi H
Reviewed 12 August 2011

If you are a budget traveler, rest assured this is the hotels for you. I've stayed here close to two dozen times over the past year and have had no real complaints.

Well situated, easily accessible from US22, there are several restaurants within easy walking distance (though no convenience stores). The rooms are your typical Red Roof rooms, if you are a business traveler spring for the "Business King", it gives you an exceptional work area.

Mechanicals are a little dated, but the large rooms have microwaves and refrigerators, and are clean. For the most part, the staff is friendly and helpful.

Biggest drawback is the wireless internet. It is very dependent on what room you are in. If you need a reliable connection, let them know and they can put you closer to the the single wireless router.

And the best part? about 2/3 the cost of most **-**½ star hotels in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business