All reviews hampton inn front desk an industrial park starlite diner breakfast staff would stay here again bagels beds were very comfortable great place to stay fitness center fresh fruit clean hotel off the highway complimentary breakfast lehigh valley dorney park indoor pool
Reviewed 25 July 2018

I chose this hotel based primarily on the proximity to the hospital. The industrial park location seemed weird at first, but our room on the 3rd floor was perfect with a great view of the highway. The room was exceptionally clean, but a little updating never hurt anyone. I will say however, that the carpet in the hall on the third floor should, at the very least, be shampooed right away.
Although the ice machine & guest laundry on the 3rd floor were out of order, it wasn't a deal breaker-simply inconvenient.
I will stay here again though. The breakfast buffet was ample and the indoor pool a bonus since it was raining.
The staff was exceptional. From the front desk to housekeeping. Not a frown or bad attitude in the bunch-which was a relief considering I was traveling for medical reasons.

Room tip: Basketball & horse shoes available for outside play.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank debbies854
Timothy M, Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Thank you for your comments and we are pleased that you had a good stay overall. We hope that everything went well with your hospital visit. However, we apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay and we will be doing our best to rectify what you pointed out in your comments. We appreciate you giving us another chance and we welcome the opportunity to have you as a guest again. See you soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

I thought the poor reviews I had read were just 'one-offs' but no. This place is gross. I have to agree with a previous reviewer. This should be a $49 a night hotel. Three times I went to the front desk and no one was around. The clerk was outside smoking, by the Front door!!! The carpets are disgusting. The smell... I wish I would have chosen another hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Timothy M, Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

We hope this note finds well. It was disappointing to hear that you found our products and services below standard. We have discussed your comments with the staff. We apologize for this bad experience. This is very disappointing to hear, but we hope you give us another chance to make it up to you.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

We arrived to the hotel with the assumption that we booked a room thru booking.com but the reservation was made for a different date. I was almost in tears because we just rode over 600 miles on our Harley’s. There were no more rooms available, but the staff from the hotel tried to get us a room in another property. They allowed us to sit in the lobby while we desperately look for a room. As luck would have it while we were at the hotel a guest that had 2 rooms wanted to relinquish one, the manager on duty promptly gave us a room.
She was so excited to help us and told us that she was so worried because we were so tired and that she didn’t want us back on the road so late.
Omg she was so kind and caring. Liz and Devon both demonstrated that you care for your guests and we are forever grateful

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind review! We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff. We are happy that we were able to accommodate you and your family. We will let both Liz and Devon know how much of an impact they made during your stay. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon!

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Dirty doesn't begin to describe how tattered and filthy this property is. Room was very dated which we expected for the low rate we obtained via a travel site. The room smelled, air conditioner barely worked. Wifi didn't work. Walked around the outside, ashcans heaping with old cigarettes. This property is very close to highway, if a light sleeper it is loud. Thankful to only have to stay one night.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank TIGRGR
Timothy M, Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Thank you for your candid feedback. We are very sorry to hear that your stay at the hotel was not up to par. Please note that this information has been discussed with our concerned staff. Despite this, we hope to be able to welcome you back on a return visit to Allentown to show you the quality stay you deserve. Thank you again for staying with us and for completing a review on the hotel.

Reviewed 6 July 2018

This hotel and the staff are less than marginal. The staff at the front desk upon check in was a bit too casual. The room was just ok. No regular coffees in the room just decaf, which I did not notice till morning when I wanted a cup. Had to call front desk twice to get some brought up. No water cups in the work out area. There were a few other things like this, but the worst part was the FITHLY seating at breakfast. The fabric chairs and couches were SOOOOO stained, I did not want to sit on them. Seems a fabric that could be wiped down would be more sanitary. I paid a bit over $100.00 for the night, this was more like a $49.00 hotel. It had 3 stars, but should not have, barely 2. I e mailed the manager Timothy Marhefka, as he was not there to talk with. I let him know about my experience. I never got a reply. I did get an auto response which said he was out of the office till a certain date. I waited beyond then, still no reply. Sent a second e mail to see if he got the first and planned to reply. Again, no response. So I am no leaving this experience here on Trip Advisor. I sent him a third e mail letting him know I'd be doing so and that the hotel and customer service especially on his part was poor. There are better hotels off the same exit in the same price range.

Room tip: Pick another hotel!
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cathy W
Timothy M, Manager at Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such candid feedback of your stay. We are very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet expectations. All your comments are essential to educating our staff about good and bad service. We will ensure your feedback will be given to all. This is very disappointing to hear, but we hope you give us another chance to make it up to you.