“This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of EconoLodge & Conference Center

EconoLodge & Conference Center
Ranked #27 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Kingsport, Tennessee
“This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

My family booked several rooms at this hotel for a wedding we were attending in town. I was the first to arrive and as I pulled in I realized this was not like the pictures shown on the website. It was dirty and old. I check in around 1815 and we went to room 517. As soon as I walked in you could tell the room was old and dirty. The room was a non smoking room but had a strong smell of smoke. I went to the front desk and switched to another room. They gave me the key to 501. I did not look closely at the room then because we chose to eat first. When I got back to the room I noticed that the bathroom looked like it had never been cleaned. There was a black on the toilet and ring in the bathtub "not from us". There were homeless type looking people lurking in the parking lot. I pulled the sheets back and there was dirt and trash in the bed. At this point I contacted a different hotel and packed up. I check out and the employee at the front desk was very nice and stated this happens all the time. It you are going to stay here pack a gun. You will need it. Later I looked on the Megan Law website and there is a sex offender listed with that address as his permanent address. The shipping container I lived in while in Iraq was nicer than this hotel. Do Not Stay Here

Room Tip: Do Not Book Here
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank jthomas0922

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Jamaica, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

My sister booked 11 rooms for this trip, it was a family trip to Dorney Park. We came in to the inn like around 10:30 pm . There was a room with no ac, my room the toilet was all stained and the shower had stains too. The lamps in the room were not working , it smell like nobody went to that room for a long time , in one of the rooms it smell like someone had smoked their. it really stunked the hole room .. not a good experienced..

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank carmencita703
Allentown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

This motel also gives long term stays which I am doing. Its good if you ended up on the wrong foot and are trying to get back on track. However the fact that 6 child molesters live on site and are able to live here when most of the residents and short stay people have children is rediculous. When I first moved in there were Roaches in 3 of the rooms I looked at. There is also a bed bug break out in the newer section that the motel is refusing to get professional help to clear up. the carpet sticks to you, the bugs are awful and the fact that this place encourages known child molesters (look on the megans law website) is rediculous.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank petie2336
Berlin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

My daughter and husband were bitten alive by bedbugs. We spent the rest of our Memorial Day weekend delousing everything so we wouldn't infect our home. In addition, the place seems to be being used as low income housing, with many people cooking outside their rooms, working on their cars in the parking lot, etc. The carpets were so filthy that we all wore shoes when we walked around in the room. The tub was so stained that my daughter wouldn't even shower in it. The pool was absolutely filthy with leaves and dead bugs floating everywhere.

AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Summer2011Traveler
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

I don't know why there are so many bad reviews on this hotel. Ok, so when I first got there the girl at the desk did have me standing there for about 5 minutes and noone was in front of me so I'm like ok? When I was finally taken care of she advised me of the charge for holding my room which they didn't mention on the phone. When I asked exactly how much that would be, she replied "just a few dollars". I am a person who appreciates facts and figures but i just wanted to rest. My room was a room you drive up too, which mostly everyone is. I loved that! When i walked in, it was very nice! Just like the picture. After reading all of the reviews expected a dirty junky room. I was pleasantly surprised! The shower wad also clean. My Toilet did end up getting clogged but u just have to call the front desk. The breakfast could be better. There is a waffle house only a couple exits away which has very fair prices! I feel that this hotel was great! Clean, nice, perfect. I went alone because my boyfriend is staying in this same hotel for work. We were both satisfied.

• Stayed May 2011