See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

I came in the a.m after working a night shift at Lehigh Valley Hospital hoping to get a room to sleep so I can go back to work that evening. The receptionist was so professional & graceful they had a room for me that was very clean & very well-kept . The room and the hotel was newly renovated,everyone was just so polite. I was given a gift baggy with a sleep mask, ear plugs & earphones. It was clear they wanted me to be very comfortable. I also received a call that evening from the receptionist wanting to make sure that I was okay and all my needs were fulfilled. Amazing hotel five star all the way. I have stayed in many hotels in Allentown this is the best thus far. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2018

I cannot remembering advising without reservation to not stay at a hotel for any reason. This may be a first. The service at this hotel is non existent, the rooms are not cleaned or made up, and the place looks abandoned. In other words, THIS HOTEL IS CLOSED as of Dec 22, 2017. Rumor has it that it has been purchased and will be remodeled and reopened under another brand.

Room Tip: Sometimes the workers leave the front door unlocked and you can find any open room
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this Holiday Inn and Suites before I had surgery the next morning in a local hospital it was beautiful the room was lovely had a microwave and refrigerator the employees were very gracious I felt very comfortable staying there overnight there is shopping close by also which I managed to do the night before very pleasant stay

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 November 2017

As a rewards member, I stay in a lot of your properties. This was my first visit to Allentown, I stayed 3 days over the Thanksgiving Holiday.Downtown Allentown seems to be in a revival, sadly your hotel is not. Room was ok, but in my opinion you should strive for much better for the price. Curtains where stained, the heating system stayed the same regardless of what I did, I wonder why? I even put the A/C on with no change. No housekeeping on Thanksgiving, which is the way it should be, but it would have been nice to know. The breakfast there is a JOKE. My family and I went down a little after 9am, we had a appt. at 10:30, should have been plenty of time. Food didn't arrive til 10:15, which we couldn't box. I inquired if it was like this all the time and was I told it was. I like the Holiday Inn brand, they have really improved over the years, but not this one. I think it could be a large part of the revival of Allentown if it wanted to be. I plan to be Allentown a lot in the near future, I don't want to look for other chains.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Laurene S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Allentown Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Dear ChesapeakeCoach,

I appreciate you providing your honest feedback here of our hotel. There are many areas we must work on here, and a renovation is in the near future so we are just holding on and making it through. As for your comments of our restaurant, we recently changed the management in that department, and with the new changes implemented, the transition is proving challenging. I am very sorry that you had a bad experience back there and your concerns will be addressed and used in an effort to get better.

Again thank you for taking your time to rate your stay and I apologize on behalf of the hotel that you were not satisfied with your stay.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

We were in town visiting Muhlenberg College. The hotel is a very convenient car ride from the college. It is located right in downtown Allentown. The hotel is a little dated but the staff is friendly and the place is clean. There is a really nice place for breakfast across the street. Parking is not in the building but in a building right next door so you have to go outside to get to and from your car.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Laurene S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Allentown Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Dear officetouch65,

Thank you so much for taking your time to rate your stay with us. We appreciate the 3 star you gave our property and your kind words about our staff. Both the front desk and housekeeping work hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and happy. We are due for a renovation in the near future, so please visit us again the next time you are in town!