“Our go-to for Mediterranean food!”

Sahara Mediterranean Cuisine
Ranked #44 of 515 Restaurants in Allentown
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 23 October 2017

The Lehigh Valley has a number of good Mediterranean restaurants, including the Turkish restaurant Aci Halal & several Syrian restaurants, all in center-city Allentown. Nonetheless, Sahara has become our go-to place. The quality is consistent and always very good -- Metabbal, Chicken Kabob & Chicken Shawarma are among our favorites. The service is always friendly; the chef/owners, always welcoming; the restaurant, always neat & clean. Yes, the location is also better for us -- we're in western Lehigh County -- but it's the food that keeps us coming back!

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Was looking for something different while in the area. Found this on Google maps.
Reviews were good so we gave it a try and were delighted. This physically unassuming restaurant with modest decor is in a little strip mall off Hamilton Blvd. We were greeted warmly by a smiling lady, who we soon found out was Georgette, a chef/owner. The metabbal appetizer was yummy. The lamb kabobs were outstanding. The rice was perfect. The chopped vegetable salad was nicely dressed and fresh. The hummus was the best we have had in years. The gyro was her own meat prep done in house and delicious. The portions were generous. We raved about her food and she treated us with baklava and a date ball which were scrumptious. I can not say enough good things about the food, service and care extended to us. This restaurant is run with love of people, love of food and humble pride.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Food is delicious.

Items ordered:
Meat Pie
Fried Kibbe
Combination Kabob for 2.

Those Kabobs were perfectly seasoned and cooked perfectly. Staff is super-friendly. A very warm and inviting restaurant.

Definitely recommend

1  Thank Alibaba2k2
Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

Happened by this area mid-afternoon on a Saturday as we pulled up we began to question our choice. When walked in we became the second table occupied. When we looked into the kitchen and saw who would be cooking our food we knew we were in the right place. We started with Meat Kibbee and Grape leaves both off the charts good. Next I had the Mixed grill platter with lamb and chicken over rice which came with a delicious Shephard salad. Others had Chicken Shawarma and Falafel sandwiches. Everything was incredibly good. This is truly a hidden gem. They are closed on Sunday and Monday.

1  Thank Lovetochew
Reviewed 7 December 2016

I visited Sahara for the first time this past weekend and loved it! What a wonderful experience. Their food is delicious and tastes so wonderfully homemade. The ingredients are all so fresh and inviting. The prices are all very reasonable and I recommend getting a number of items off the menu and sampling them as a group.
My friend and I ordered their appetizer sampler, which was so tasty. It came with hummus and pita, grape leaves, fried cauliflower and more. Not entirely vegetarian but my friend ate the chicken shawarma and raved about it (my friend and her husband have been to this restaurant before and thoroughly recommended it!)
We also ordered a couple of spinach pies - they are perfectly crimped and baked, and have such delicious filling inside.
I myself live an hour away, so after doing some shopping in the area, I came back and ordered takeout to bring home for dinner for my husband and me. I brought home an order of hummus and pita, tabouli salad and two falafel platters. We had plenty for dinner and also for leftovers, too.
Be sure to save a little room for their homemade baklava and also their date rolls!!
Our server, Christine, was so lovely and attentive. And be sure to say hello to Georgette, the lovely and sweet owner. You leave feeling as if you are longtime friends! Highly, highly recommended!