“Best vegetarian/Vegan ”

Hummus House
Ranked #17 of 516 Restaurants in Allentown
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Description: We cater to vegetarian / Vegan / and gourmet Boar's Head hero sandwiches that will satisfy the hungriest appetite. We buy all of our produce locally and support small business like our selfs. We prepare old family recipes from scratch, We don't fry we bake even our falafel is baked for a healthy vegan sandwich. My self, my wife and son own and operate this small neighborhood restaurant hope you will join us for a meal. "we are all about flavor" Thank You.
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

I guess people have varying opinions on their falafel. I think the falafel pita is great. But my favorite is the vegetarian panini! If you can get the special panini with cauliflower it is even better! ! The multi grain bread is local and some of the best bread I've ever had. The sauces they use take their veggie sandwiches from just healthy, to amazingly delicious! You'll want to try it even if you like meat! My husband loves the schwarma and beefy piggy sandwiches. I only wished they delivered!

HUMMUS H, Owner at Hummus House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2017

Thank you so much for your amazing review we appreciate and respect everyones opinion but you can never satisfy everybody especially with the falafel panini. Because it's baked and not fried people have mixed opinions on it. We don't fry anything at the Hummus House, so people that are used to fried falafel they are used to eating a greasy falafel which is juicer but what els was fried in that oil? out of respect to vegetarians and vegans we bake.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

Kind off at a loss on what to say. I have eaten Falafels everywhere. What is in the Hummus House is not quite authentic. My thought is it in Allentown.

PROS:
- Lovely, warm setting.

CONS:
- Not sure if it was a color barrier thing but not hospitable to my group. No offer of something to drink for us but yes for others. No offering of sides as options. Back turned to us the entire time. VERY HOSPITAL to others.
- Outside seating, no outside ordering must come inside.
- Mouse running around the outside seating area.
- No service with a smile at all
- Asked for a cup of water, told "if we have it".
- Would NOT go back, would NOT RECOMMEND!
- Quite a degrading experience.

HUMMUS H, Manager at Hummus House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2016

Kind of at a loss of what to say but I can diffidently tell you that its NOT a color barrier, but it's easy to say that when you feel that way. We accommodated you fully and all of your demands were meet. You are a customer coming into a small family owned business with no table service meaning you need to place your order at the counter even though we went beyond that accommodating you and your friend. We have excellent ratings on trip adviser, yelp and Google but of course you can never satisfy everyone especially high demand, high maintenance customers like your self. Sorry for the experience you had with us but Again I can tell you with all confidence that we have no "COLO BARRIER" or "Ethnic Barrier" with all of our customers.
Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

I have had falafel all over (and make it myself) and this was very good. The owner is simply the nicest man. I really liked that the hummus wasn't overly garlicy. Yes, it's a tad pricy, parking can be tricky and it fills up over lunch hour, but it's worth it.

HUMMUS H, Manager at Hummus House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

Thank You for kind review and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

We had a fantastic lunch at Hummus House while waiting for our daughter to get out of class. Anthony and the staff are very friendly and the food is excellent. We had the authentic falafel grilled panini and loved it. It's a different twist from what you might expect. Also had the 7 grain spinach pie which was excellent too. Loved the texture of the 7 grain dough, very different so make sure you try it. Also had pomegranate seeds in the spinach mixture which was a pleasant surprised. The best though was the potato salad. This is to die for, little spicy but so good. Lastly their desserts are good too. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 21 August 2016

The best falafel and hummus we had in all of Pennsylvania. Some of the best kibbeh we've ever eaten as well. You need to try the desserts and the beet salad and artichoke salad.

HUMMUS H, Owner at Hummus House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

Thank you so much for your kind review.
It take a lot of dedication and hard work to run a small family business but it's customers like you that make it worth while.
Thanks again.

Been to Hummus House? Share your experiences!