“Birthday dinner”

Gourmet Buffet
Ranked #58 of 511 Restaurants in Allentown
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

We have been coming here for at least 4 years or so and are always impressed with the food. We particularly love their grill. The selection of food is good and always hot. I love the sushi and steamed clams. The service is good and the staff is very friendly. My husband had the chicken curry and absolutely loved it. He even had 2 plates of it. I highly recommend this place

1  Thank Donna E

Reviewed 19 November 2016

This large buffet is located near Dorney Park and would be a great place to enjoy after a day at the Park. There is a large back room for parties (seats up to 70). I have been here solo and with groups - and even had a birthday party here. Staff tries hard to please, but doesn't always understand English too well. Food is generally good and you will find something you like. They are the only restaurant I know of that makes the customers sign the coupon to redeem it. Quality does vary here - sometimes it is wonderful, other times not so great. Men's bathroom could use a good cleaning and new light bulbs over the sink. Outside neon sign has several letters not lit for over a year - makes me wonder why that wasn't fixed.

1  Thank Steve Z
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

I eat here fairly regularly. It is one of the best Chinese buffets in the Lehigh Valley area. I have rarely ever had food that I did not enjoy here. I am particularly fond of their garlic sauteed frog legs, for those that know it's one of the healthier meats you can eat. I love their oysters, although that's one area they could use a little improvement at times. Tonight they had Lobster in ginger sauce, and it's great, but it goes fast and they don't restock it when it's late in the evening.

1  Thank 91TRH
Reviewed 11 August 2016

Huge buffet with numerous dishes Very average in taste and presentation
Staff removed used plates quickly and tried hard to please

Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

My daughter and I stopped by for lunch today and it was delicious! The sushi was fresh and all the trays were full! The hot side of the buffet was delicious as well. I enjoyed the boneless ribs, string beans, spicy chicken, again the bins were full and hot. Finished off with a little mint chocolate chip ice cream and a coconut macaroon. The staff was friendly and I did not feel rushed, it was a very good lunch!

Been to Gourmet Buffet? Share your experiences!