“Late Lunch”

Brick & Mortar Cafe
Ranked #5 of 160 Restaurants in Albany
Reviewed 10 November 2017

My husband and I tend to revisit the same places over and over. Boring. But recently we've decided to try some different places and today that meant a visit to Brick and Mortar in Albany. Thanks to traffic on HWY 20 from Corvallis, we arrived at 1:40 p.m., only 20 minutes before closing. No problem! We were greeted like it was opening time instead of nearly time to close. We were seated quickly and had water and menus nearly immediately. Our waiter was great and kept our bottomless sodas filled without us asking. My husband had the chicken fried steak from the breakfast menu. It was delicious and included home fries and eggs. I tried the Buffalo and Liege (a Belgian style of waffle) from the lunch menu. It is a fried chicken sandwich made with two waffles and including a buffalo sauce. I'm a wuss when it comes to heat, so I had the sauce on the side. A bite of chicken with waffle with lettuce, tomato, purple onion and just a bit of the buffalo sauce was wonderful! The sandwich came with yummy, perfectly seasoned fries. So glad we tried this place and I can't wait to go back!

1  Thank ClaudiaJoLee2016

Reviewed 3 November 2017

I wanted my normal Birthday Bloody Mary and it seemed like this place would have a great one, and I was right! Huge double drink with all the fixings including a "meat straw" which was much better than it sounds, haha.

I got Corned Beef and Hash which aside from a limited amount of corned beef was great. My wife got chicken and waffles and they were amazing.

Great service, great decor, great food, great drinks, huge portions and decent prices will bring us back.

1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

This place is quite unique. It has a Bloody Mary bar. That happens to be my favorite drink. So many choices to spice it up. I thought the menu had some great choices as well. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Happy we found this place downtown. Cute and charming atmosphere. A lot of food for the price. Overall tasty. I got the breakfast burrito. Cinnamon roll had good frosting but the roll itself seemed a little chewy but I’ll be back. Overall good food and good service.

1  Thank Etuma2690
Reviewed 6 October 2017

We were running late for lunch and walked in the doors at 1:15pm. They only open till 2pm for lunch. The restaurant was completely packed in this downtown Albany restaurant. Had a little issue finding the actual location. There was an address mix-up.