“Great Breakfast!”

Brick & Mortar Cafe
Ranked #5 of 160 Restaurants in Albany
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

This place is quite unique. It has a Bloody Mary bar. That happens to be my favorite drink. So many choices to spice it up. I thought the menu had some great choices as well. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Happy we found this place downtown. Cute and charming atmosphere. A lot of food for the price. Overall tasty. I got the breakfast burrito. Cinnamon roll had good frosting but the roll itself seemed a little chewy but I’ll be back. Overall good food and good service.

1  Thank Etuma2690
Reviewed 6 October 2017

We were running late for lunch and walked in the doors at 1:15pm. They only open till 2pm for lunch. The restaurant was completely packed in this downtown Albany restaurant. Had a little issue finding the actual location. There was an address mix-up.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

This is my 'Go To' place for business late breakfasts or lunches. The old building charm has been left in place and the vibe is perfect. My business clients from all over love it. My button down mid-westerners to the hip San Diego folks; great balance. The food is great with a good variety well prepared. The service has gotten better over the last year as the management balances staffing with peak times.
Not many places run the gamete of chicken and waffles to quinoa salad and do it well.
Not a place to just blow in and blow out but rather to savor. Everyone in our house from 18 to 62 love coming to Brick and Mortar.

1  Thank jeffreygB3328BZ
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Our group of 8 was there for breakfast to celebrate a birthday. What a fun place. The Bloody Mary bar has everything one could desire in a Bloody Mary. You make your own or a waitperson will prepare one for you. Service was quick in view of the busyness of the restaurant. It was packed with a short waiting line. Everyone was happy with their selection.

My husband had the waffle with friend chicken. He said the waffle was soggy and would order the chicken on the side next time. The chicken had a bit too much breading, but he said it was moist and tasty. Each dish was nicely plated.

In addition to the entrees, there are baked goods. Highly recommend the chocolate chip scone--it was the best ever!

Prices were in line with other farm to table local restaurants.

It is a very noisy place at least it was when we were there about 11:30 am. - 1:00 pm.

The restaurant was very upbeat, clean and the restrooms clean.

On street parking and a city lot across the street provides adequate parking.

1  Thank Hazel S