See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 September 2017

I am sorry I didn't read the reviews prior to booking. This property is listed as a two star - how, I do not know. The manager/owner told me our room was the nicest they had and had been recently updated. We found that the "update" was that one wall had been painted - over old, poorly repaired plaster work.

Our room was dirty and had not been renovated (or cleaned?) since the 60's. The "Front desk manager" was combative and aggressive when I asked if there was a more updated room we could move to as this one was rather poor. He told me that I had lied when I called Trip Adviser to inquire about the refund policy as the room was not up to modern health and living standards. He had told us about the "nice private balcony". We discovered it overlooks an old rusty shed and partially landscaped courtyard.

I do not recommend this property.

Room tip: Best way to get the best room; Don't stay here.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2017

Dont even think of staying at the Budget Inn. The place is dirty, even though the bed was made, the sheets were dirty, the room was dirty. I insisted that the room be cleaned and clean sheets put on the bed. I will not stay here again

Room tip: Stay any place else
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Came for Moms/familyweekend at OSU and chose to stay at the Budget Inn in Albany as it was convenient and affordable. What I walked into was a terribly run down, and filthy dirty hotel room that reeked of cigarettes (I had booked a non smoking room). Every surface, including the linens were dirty, and the walls and floors were sticky. Mercifully, I was able to crash in my childs dorm room, so I barely was in there. Bummer to pay for two nights when I didnt even stay more than 5 total hours in there, but lesson learned.....Front office/owners were very friendly, but unfortunately it is overshadowed by the facility.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Cindy M
Reviewed 11 April 2017

with family is so nice view from room over back side best quite ,room view is so cool and boys r happy and ,,t v is 42 " boys love it for cable also , comfortable room and beds both is nice and family r happy stay too .

Room tip: ask 4 non smoking room is good and better .
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

We checked into the hotel around 3:15 p.m and went to see family. We got back to the hotel at 8:45 or so and we had the heat on the room never got warm. Bathroom was dirty hair all over the sink and the manager was notified but wouldnt change the room or even to offer a discount so we up to the office again to complain and he started yelling at me and so we checked out left the property.

Date of stay: December 2016