“Good food”
Review of Loafers Station

Loafers Station
Ranked #9 of 160 Restaurants in Albany
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Great food! Great service. Best of all kid friendly! Good drinks and good selection of beer. Love their salmon. Been here several times and will go again!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Basically pub food, but well prepared. The service is friendly and they refill drinks free. It was a little bit noisy however.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

My daughter had told me that she was impressed with the food at Loafers. I'm always impressed with a good prime rib. Loafers features Prime Rib on Friday nights so we went to satisfy my curiosity and both our appetites.

We ordered "Seared ahi Poke Style" for an appetizer. It was delicious and ample for two or more. I ordered the "Prime Rib" and chose soup over salad. The soup was clam chowder and was as good as I've ever eaten. However, I was disappointed with the Prime Rib, it was tough, unevenly cooked being medium well on one side and rare on the other. I'd ordered medium rare. It didn't arrive with the ordered saut`ed mushrooms and when they did arrive they were overcooked. The baked potato was perfect, the condiments very good. My daughter ordered the "Baja Style Cod Tacos" which she described as, "Perfect, delicious, just right everything."

I most definitely will return but not for the Prime Rib. The sandwiches, burgers and other dishes I saw looked fabulous, gotta try them and the fish tacos.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Three friends want lunch: one has Celiac disease, one eats vegan, and one eats peleo. Where to go, where to go? If you are in Albany, try Loafers. The kitchen is from scratch so food can be adjusted. The wait staff is very knowledgeable about ingredients so advice is useful. Our waitress remembered to change the bread to gluten-free after our intolerant friend ordered a sandwich!
They also have a full service bar, with lots of beer options on tap. To encourage the designated driver, the club soda is complimentary.
They are one short block south from the incredibly beautiful new carousel. It is a treat not to be missed.

1  Thank tbbstar321
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Loafers station is a great spot for lunch or dinner, or just for a beverage. The menu is good, great value and the staff friendly. Dale the owner has been in the industry for years, owning various restaurants, and knows what his patrons like.

2  Thank Robert M

Been to Loafers Station? Share your experiences!