“Consistently good fish and chips/salad.”
Review of Depot Cafe

Depot Cafe
Ranked #18 of 160 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Very good Seafood restaurant!
Description: Very good Seafood restaurant!
Reviewed 19 June 2016

We have always found the fish and chips to be delicious--on par with The Chowder Bowl in Nye Beach.

We stopped for lunch a few mins. before 2 pm and the wait person brought water and said she would be back. When she returned, I asked if there was a luncheon menu. She said yes and brought one to our table. It was too early for dinner and had we not been aware of a lunch menu, we would have ordered from the posted dinner menu which offers the same 2 pieces of fish and chips at a much higher price--+$5. In fairness, this is the first time we have not been offered a lunch menu for a late lunch and it may have been an oversight.

The fish and chips were delicious. The Bonnie's secret salad was also delicious.

It is still one of our favorite restaurants. Just be aware that there is a luncheon menu if it's around lunch time. Not sure when dinner hour starts, but 2 pm is a bit early.

Reviewed 15 June 2016

Bonnie crunch salad is great. Or try fish and chips with big fries hand cut from spuds. YUM. The fish is wonderful as is the chowder. the biggest challenge is not ordering everything. This is a real Albany tradition I have been going for 25 years.

Reviewed 1 June 2016

I recently stopped at the Depot for a quick business lunch. I ordered the salad and chowder and my companion ordered fish and chips. It was all extremely good and reasonably priced. My salad and chowder were very good. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

This is the place for fish and chips, or any other deep fried seafood. It's not gourmet dining but the place has been there for a long time so they are doing something right. Try to go slightly off normal mealtime or you may have to wait. Try the salmon spread appetizer.

Reviewed 12 April 2016

I stopped for lunch and had the fish and chips. The fish was Cod and the chips were hand cut. Both were served within 5 minutes and were very satisfactory. The lunch portion of fish was two adequate sized pieces and the chips were very generous in quantity. The menu was small, but when you go to a fish and chips restaurant, that's usually what you want. I wasn't disappointed.

Been to Depot Cafe? Share your experiences!