“Busy place, but worth the wait”

Calapooia Brewing Company
Ranked #20 of 151 Restaurants in Albany
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 26 August 2017

We had lunch and were fortunate to get in line early. We had their Pub Burger and it was juicy and perfectly cooked. Plus,their beer selection is incredible and they have more than one IPA, and I managed to try them both. There is indoor as well as outdoor seating and we ate outside in a whimsically decorated open patio. It is perfect even on a hot day since it is sheltered from the sun and there was a nice cross breeze. Later they added a second cashier, but a third cashier and more wait staff would have been helpful as the wait from ordering food until delivery was about 45 minutes. That said, the food was served hot and fresh when it finally arrived.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

My first visit to this establishment. I'm not into beer, but they apparently have a good selection of micro brewed beers. Someone else will have to speak to that. Two friends and I stopped by for lunch. My friends each had a burger that they were satisfied with, came with seasoned fries and a pickle. I had their Reuben sandwich that was quite good. Marbled dark rye bread, good corned beef, what appeared to be house-made saurecraut (very mild), and the sauce was not the typical thousand island dressing but a sauce without a tomato component but spiced with horseradish. It was very tasty and a little eye-opening at first taste. The waffle fries were nice and crispy. The pickle was not as crisp as I would prefer, but was fine.

The only fly in this adventure was the long waiting line to order and the very long time before the food was served. Maybe this was just an off day, but I'll not stop here if I need a quick meal.

The ambiance was good with indoor seating and covered open air seating...actually it was an unloading bay only open on the front. Mostly Picnic table seating.

The staff seemed friendly enough, but shorthanded as the tables were not cleaned quickly. Again, if you have 2 hours for a relaxed meal with a beer and friends to gab with or play a game of cards or darts, then stop by.

Sorry, no picture this time.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

I am not much of a beer drinker but since trying some of the local breweries, I have learned there is a vast difference in types of beers. Calapooia has a great chocolate porter - sorry, I can't remember the exact name. But it is worth visiting for find out for yourself.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We were hot and thirsty and decided to stop in for a beer. This is definitely a neighborhood brewpub as it seemed everyone new each other. The staff were very friendly and the beer was good. I tried the pacific pilsner and my husband had the riporian IPA.

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Brew was good, food average and not up to hype I read here at all,, I would probably say come for snack and brew.I am not a huge fan of having to go to bar everytime I am thirsty, call me spoiled I guess, i was just hoping to sit and relax and pay to have someone wait on me a bit, staff delivered food and that was it, friendly enough though.