All reviews cookies front desk pretzels evening snacks eggs yogurt a great place to stay spacious room cascade grill great breakfast two queen beds right next door parking lot pleasant surprise indoor pool free breakfast above average
Reviewed 23 August 2018

This was not a normal stop for us, as we usually bypass Albany on our way somewhere else. On top of that, we had 12 and 13 year old grandsons with us this trip, so we needed a suite. This trip, we were bouncing between Portland and Eugene, so this was a good stopping point.

There are not many amenities nearby, some fast food and a WinCo grocery are across I-5; there is also a restaurant across the cul-de-sac (we did not go there). The fairgrounds are right next door, as is the north end of Albany's airport runway (mostly general aviation). Airport noise is minimal, if even noticeable.

The staff here are friendly and helpful - check-in/out was fast and uneventful. There were evening snacks available - chips/salsa, pretzels, cookies - and, as with most Comfort Inns / Suites, the coffee and tea are available 24/7 in the lobby (as is lemon ice water). These are relatively small things that impress me as a customer/guest. Grandsons used the pool, it was heated to a nice temperature - not jarringly cold.

Breakfast was OK, even a bit above average for quality and variety. Two kinds of scrambled eggs, sausage links, biscuits & gravy, cereals, waffles, pastries, yogurts and hard-boiled eggs are among the choices.

Our suite was quite roomy. Separate bedroom for us, a sofa bed for the kids. Everyone was happy to have space. Wi-Fi seemed to work well. All in all, worthy of a return visit if our distance and trip timing warrants it. This is also a good area to stay if you are exploring east or west (Newport on US 20 West to the coast, or Bend/Sisters on US 20 East over the Cascades)

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Greg J, General Manager at Comfort Suites Linn County Fairgrounds and Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Wow! What a great review! We're so glad that you had a wonderful experience at our hotel. My staff and I thoroughly enjoy reviews such as these as it shows how well we're doing as a team.

We're very glad you had a chance to experience our hotel and amenities and we hope you come back the next time you're in the Albany area!

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Customer service was great. Had a wee problem with the wifi, but the desk clerk cleared it up almost instantly. Just a great place to stay when we need to spend the night in Albany. Next visit will definitely be here.

Room Tip: Book ahead.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Greg J, General Manager at Comfort Suites Linn County Fairgrounds and Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Thanks for the great review! It's always a great day when I get reviews like this so I can inform my staff of what a great job they're doing. I hope we have another chance to deliver a great stay for you in the future!

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

We were SO pleased with our stay here! We came in earlier then check in. (We had our 4 month old Son with us.) They went out of the way to make sure we could get into our room early!! It was so very appreciated!! The hotel staff was exceptional. Our room was quiet, clean, and comfortable. My Husband loved the breakfast! My Son and I enjoyed the pool. All around a fantastic stay here. Priced, average in the area.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! I'm happy to hear that you had a great time staying with us. It's always great to get feedback form our guests and my staff will be very happy to hear you had a great experience with us. Come back again anytime you're in the area!

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Great property with an excellent friendly staff especially Teresa and Kimberly in the kitchen. Nice breakfast selections including my plain Greek yogurt which is normally not available on breakfast buffets.
Busy clean property convenient to fairgrounds. Not cheap, but staff does exceed expectations.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Greg J, General Manager at Comfort Suites Linn County Fairgrounds and Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

We thank you for this great review here on TripAdvisor! We try our best to deliver a great stay for everyone who walks through our doors. We hope you have another chance to come back!

Reviewed 28 July 2018

Customer service was awesome. Both Meghan and Allen were extremely helpful. Room was very nice, little pricey but fair was in town so it's to be understood :) My only complaint WAS going to be the slowish internet, but they installed new internt which was very fast. Great breakfast, very quiet room, and very helpful step.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Greg J, General Manager at Comfort Suites Linn County Fairgrounds and Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

The Platinum Award winning staff here at the Comfort Suites in Albany thank you so much for this great review! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Yes, we did have some complaints about our Wi-Fi, however we listened and now have THE fastest Wi-Fi in any hotel in Albany! I hope we have another chance to deliver a great stay for you in the near future.