“Always a great steak”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 July 2017

We enjoy going going here because it is more quiet than some of the other establishments in Ardmore. We have never had a bad steak. We usually get the prime rib and rib eye. Last night I got the lobster tails and they good also. We average about once a month at this place and would recommend. Most of the time the service is good. We've had a few times where it was slow. We have been eating here for about 10 years. Decor is a little dated.

1  Thank Patty C

Reviewed 4 January 2017

We went to this restaurant yesterday to celebrate my birthday. To make sure it would be open, we called and the employee said that it was not necessary to make a reservation and that it would be open until 9 pm.

We had already gone once and I hated my dish because it was very salty. But we decided to try once more.

We arrived at 8.30 pm and the place was empty, but there were employees there. The front door was locked and we knocked on the door and an employee saw us and she just ignored us and disappeared! I turned around the house and found a man in the garden, and I asked if it was open and he said yes of course.

We waited for someone to open the door in the cold and no one came to open the door. The employees simply pretended we were not there. Disappointing! Two of them saw us and they gave us no feedback.

We went to Cafe Alley after that and when we arrived there (almost 9pm). We were very well received and had an excellent dinner.

I will never go in this restaurant again!!! This is a complete lack of respect!

6  Thank CLB2014
Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

I was looking for a restaurant to have Christmas Dinner with some of my coworkers this week. I was a little worried since there is not much to choose from unless you are near the city.

My coworkers chose Fireside Dining. The restaurant has an old country look with a dash of class to host the romantic dinners as well.

The food was nice and the croutons were to die for. For the price you spend the food could have been a little more special but it came out timely and the service was wonderful.

The only reason I did not give it higher stars is that they were out of their signature steak which was the Prime Rib and they were out of the escargot which happened to be the two choices we had made.

So for now, I will try this place again....maybe next round they will have what is on their menu and they will receive a higher score.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

First time we got to sit in the sun room area which added to the experience. Food selection and service are always excellent with homemade croutons unique. Fireplaces in entrance area are a nice warm touch during cold weather. Price is a little high for overall experience

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

Very relaxing dinner with my husband. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is very near Lake Murray so the drive was scenic. We had the prime rib and breaded shrimp. Awesome!! Will definitely go back again.