“Authentic & Locally Owned”

El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 103 Restaurants in Ardmore
Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

Best Mexican food establishment in Ardmore. The chips are nice thick and crisp with cantina style salsa. Anything you order off the menu, won't disappoint. The food is masterfully cooked with the perfect flavor mixes. The margaritas are excellent and range from small to pitcher please. On this visit, I ordered a shredded chicken chimichanga. It burrito was a perfect golden fork tender crisp with just a drizzle of cheese sauce (no need to drown it in cheese to cover up poor cooking), the shredded chicken was moist with a wonderful full flavor.

Fun fact: This is the Tapatio, that you see the hot sauce and salsas in the grocery stores. The owner and creator lives right here in Ardmore. My Dad used to be his neighbor.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

This use to be the best that money could buy in Ardmore. But over the past year or more the food quality and service have greatly declined. The last time was the last straw. Normally we dine in and order more food than a person should eat...lol But, the last two times we dined in were disappointing. After that, I ordered food to go one day at lunch time. They were not as busy as I was use to seeing at lunch and it still took forever to get my order for two people. A friend was dining with me at her work. I paid for a large order of queso and they had given us a small container only half full at best and no extra chips to go with it. Same with the salsa, a small container half full. The fajita nachos were nearly all peppers and smaller than what they usually give you. The side of re-fried beans were watery and very runny where they use to be the best you could ever ask for. They forgot the side salad with Guacamole and no sour cream. On top of that the two chile rellenos were cold. I was so disgusted i haven't been back. I figure after being disappointed 3 times in a row I had given them a fair chance. I know about the time it started being noticeably worse there were new people that seemed to be managing it. The food and service were the best but over the past year or so it has went downhill badly. I drive by still and the parking lot is no where near as full of cars as it once was and I don't figure on eating there again anytime soon. Try it...you may like it, but it use to be so much better.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

My boys are working in the Ardmore area and they kept sending me pictures of a table full of food. I made them take me when I went to visit. Was worth the trip. There was so much food and it was absolutely fantastic! Can't wait to go back to "visit" again so they will take me out to eat again!!

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Love their food, our waiter was very nice and friendly, he tried and did such a good job talking to us in spanish. My respects to him!!! I think his name was Ryan or Bryan.....

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Always excellent food, though I'd avoid the watermelon margaritas. They have an extensive menu and very reasonable prices. Perfect spot for party of 2 or 10.