“Twilight Zone Experience at the Quality Inn Denny's Restaurant”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #21 of 103 Restaurants in Ardmore
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 29 July 2018

If you enjoy traveling and are looking for a surreal experience, the Denny's in Ardmore is the place to start. First, the room at the Quality Inn was like traveling back in time to the 1960's. I would have thought I had except that the smell of mold was so great. The creepy room though was totally compensated by the experience at the attached Denny's. The food was just OK, but the service from three waitress was an experience to be remembered. (You get a free breakfast coupon with the room.)

The first waitress I had was surreally sexy and spooky at the same time. I ordered my supper and while I was eating she came up behind me and asked in the most sultry voice imaginable: "Would you like some more coffee, my little cupcake?" Startled, I looked up quickly, but she looked bored and raised her eyebrows and said "well?". Flustered I said I was fine. I went back to eating but she snuck up on me again and asked in a tone that would melt ice: "Is everything OK, my sweet cherry pie? Startled, I rapidly raised my head to observe the uninterested waitress looking at her phone. Nervously, I finished my meal, but again she startled me by asking "Would you like some desert, my darling honey bunch? I stuttered that I was fine and and backed toward the cash register.

At the cash register was a small blonde and overly excited young woman. She seemed naturally happy and asked how I was. At ten pm in the evening after driving 12 hours from the Texas Mexican border, I said I was tired but enjoyed the meal and would be back for breakfast. She then told me that she was hoping that she might see me in the morning. If they got a few more customers her boss might let her work all night and the next morning also. I have met a few enthusiastic workers in my life, but I have never met a waitress who was hoping she could work all night and then into the next day. Disoriented, I returned to my room for a fitful rest.

The next morning I awoke and returned to the restaurant for breakfast. I had stayed at that same quality in about ten to fifteen years earlier and I was marveling at how the rooms seemed identical except for the overpowering smell of mold. The food was OK but the service was excellent at the Denny's restaurant. As I payed my check the waitress asked me: How are you I haven't seen you in awhile?" I turned white and looked into the watery eyes of the elderly waitress. I must have looked rattled because she continued: "Its just that it has been so long, I was hoping everything was OK?" I ran to my truck and quickly drove away...

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Small town - big service! Kaitlyn was our server and she was very professional and courteous. She was pleasant and got our order perfect. Thanks Kaitlyn!

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Fast, friendly service and good food...Much better that the lack of Quality Inn, that it is attached to.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Not the best food in town but was ok if I could have went to ihop I would have the pancakes are like rubber in Denny's and it's just ok if I was not starving I would have not ordered

Reviewed 23 January 2018

We were always quickly greeted and our order taken. Food came out hot and very tasty. Ate several meals, always good.

Been to Denny's? Share your experiences!