“Pleasantly surprised!”
Review of Sakura

Sakura
Ranked #53 of 99 Restaurants in Ardmore
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Dined mid-afternoon on a Sunday to celebrate a Birthday. Enjoyed the Hibachi dining experience prepared at the table. While the chef was fun and talented, I'll have to say this was some of the best prepared and seasoned Hibachi I've experienced. Certainly didn't leave hungry as the portions are generous. I had the steak prepared medium and you could have seriously cut it with a spoon. . .very tender and nice cuts. I was honestly surprised to find this in Ardmore as I've been to others in the "big city" that were not nearly as good.

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Wife got the Hibachi steak and scallops, was taste and prepared right. Portions were good as well. I got the sushi and everything tasted good. Presentation was lacking and service was ok. Seemed a little over priced, just a tad bit

Reviewed 18 January 2017

This is a local place with surprisingly decent sushi considering its in a small town in Oklahoma. The staff is very friendly, though they generally only have one sushi chef so the wait for food can very based on how busy the place is. I would stick with the rolls and skip the sashimi as its hard to tell how fresh the fish is (I'm guessing not very, given the location). If you're in the area and looking for something other than chain restaurants and comfort food, this is a place to check out.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

This is a nice place for a dinner. There are many choices of Japanese and Chinese food. Also hot options. The service is very good. I recommend the gyoza and also the Hibachi which is a different experience.

Reviewed 28 November 2016

This is a neat place with sit-down seating and live food prep around a large grill which comes with the usual Japanese entertainment.

We opted for the sit-down seating and were placed in the back where it's dark and more private. The place is decorated very upscale and was quite expensive. They do have a lunch menu which was a bit cheaper, but we opted for the entrees which were around $15 and up.

I got the Hibachi Steak one which came with fried rice, some vegetables, salad and clear soup (more like a broth). They didn't give us the option of how we wanted our steak cooked so it came out overdone, chewy and dry. Disappointing for such an expensive meal ($18), but the fried rice and vegetables were delicious.

This is a neat place for special occasions, whether private seating or around the live cook grill with a large group. We will definitely try it again and is a great unique option for Ardmore.