“Good food, for a chain restaurant”
Review of Applebee's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Applebee's
Ranked #37 of 127 Restaurants in Athens
Reviewed 30 July 2018

We stopped in Athens on our way to North Carolina from Michigan. I'd never eaten at an Applebee's before as I tend to look for mom and pop type restaurants instead of chains. But I have to say that the food was quite good and the staff super friendly and very helpful (Being from out of state, we had no idea of where to stay in town. They recommended Fairfield Inn & Suites which was just down the road). I ordered the fish and chips. I got three good sized pieces of fish, lightly breaded, served with fries and a nice sweet, creamy coleslaw. My wife had an order of wings and mozzerella sticks. Very tasty fare.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Generally you can depend on Applebee’s to have decent food no matter where you are. I was a little disappointed in this one. I had the 6oz. sirloin with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans. The potatoes and green beans were good. The sirloin was not. It was cold, tough and fatty...hard to chew.

The drinks and service was good, though. I would recommend the restaurant...just not the sirloin.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Service was good and food was great. Atmosphere was quiet and it was an enjoyable dinner. Price was good and plenty to eat.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Two of us stopped at this Applebee's for dinner. I ordered the fish and chips. Received three nice pieces of fish, lightly breaded. Served with fries and coleslaw. My friend ordered a small steak. Both of us enjoyed our dinner.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

It was not busy, there was maybe twenty diners when we stopped in. We were seated quickly but the server took 5+ minutes to take our drink order.

The food arrived quickly but....my fries were cold and the ribs were tough. My wife's entree was hot but tasted just so-so.

The dining area was clean and the servers were friendly but the experience was poor because of the food.

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!