“Worst experience ever!!!”
Review of Bob Evans

Bob Evans
Ranked #51 of 123 Restaurants in Athens
Description: Feed your summer adventures at Bob Evans! Start your day with a Farmer's Choice featuring thousands of combinations of your breakfast favorites or have an evening picnic with a Family Meal to Go! At our table or yours, summer road trips start at Bob Evans.
Reviewed 14 August 2018

I ordered their new "Everything breakfast", sort of like a bowl meal, which was hashbrowns mixed with ham, sausage, bacon and eggs all together with a "fried" biscuit. I told the waitress that I would like a roll instead of a biscuit. She said she couldn't substitute it and she would have to charge $1. for the roll. REALLY??? I told her to skip the breads as I would do without. I also told her I didn't want Hollandaise sauce on the plate. My SIL ordered baked chicken, (dark meat) with mashed potatoes and green beans. When we got the meals, neither one of us could eat it! Mine really looked really good,but taste was another story. My guess is that they fried the hashbrowns in some rancid oil. Taste was so bitter and SIL's chicken was dried and tough like it had been sitting there in a warming bin somewhere. (Usually dark meat is moist!) Waitress came over and I told her about all of it and she said yes, she has had the hashbrowns too and they didn't taste right to her either! She apologized and said she would give us a menu to order something else. So she suggested the roasted herb chicken to my SIL as she said it was moist and I ordered a salad that came with corn, tortilla chips, grilled chicken, wild fire sauce and wild fire ranch dressing. I told the waitress that I didn't want any wild fire sauce on and I told her I just wanted ranch dressing. We waited and waited. She finally came back with the meal and the roasted herb chicken was so greasy that my SIL couldn't eat it either! Mine came with the wild fire sauce on it and I clearly told her that I didn't want any wild fire sauce and she said she thought I didn't want the wild fire ranch dressing. So I asked her if she could just bring me a grilled chicken and I would dig the stuff off of the top of the salad. Well, in the process because of all of the sauce, I lost the cheese, the chips and the top part of the lettuce, so nearly half of the salad, but anyway I put ranch dressing on it and began to eat. I waited and waited some more. Finally the grilled chicken came out. Most of my salad was gone by this time, so it was like having a chicken chaser. Only when I bit into the grilled chicken, it was horrible! It was like a rancid oil on it too! I told the waitress that it was also inedible! Gosh, never had anything go so wrong with 4 orders of food in my whole life! She apologized and talked to the manager and they just had us pay for one meal, so we paid just over $13.00. Anyway, NEVER EVER again will we ever eat at Bob Evans in Athens!

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Food was okay, service okay, but overall I didn't feel like it was the most well-kept Bob Evans I've visited. Hard to beat the one in Terre Haute, IN.

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

Came here with my husband for breakfast early on a Saturday morning. We both got the Rise and Shine breakfast. Both breakfasts were good. The coffee is not good at all. Wait staff was very nice.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

nothing fancy, not to expensive, food average, staff attentive and friendly, typical Bob Evans fare,

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Never had a bad meal at Bob Evans until this morning.
Burnt bacon, burnt paper thin hash browns and the egg ordered over well came, over easy. Waitress was nice and we tipped properly BUT she should have refused to serve our meals that way. She knew it was bad because she came back to refill the coffee and asked if the bacon was too burnt. We should have complained but we just ate what we could, paid and left.

Been to Bob Evans? Share your experiences!