“A Delectable Burger, Plenty on the Platter”
Review of Court Street Diner

Court Street Diner
Ranked #23 of 123 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 12 August 2017

While in Athens I decided to take dinner at the Court Street Diner located on North Court Street. Upon entering the restaurant, I was greeted with a warm smile and hearty hello from the staff. I was seated immediately and given a menu. My server was very polite and made several suggestions as to what I might consider.

My order was taken promptly and served with in minutes. The food was hot and plenty of it on the platter. Pricing was reasonable for what you bordered.

The atmosphere in the diner is unique and well worth the stop.

Dr. Marc PS 63:7

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I went here for brunch once. We waited over 45 minutes to be served (after we were seated and had placed our order.) We watched other people who had come in after us receive their orders before we did. I had French toast, which was flat and rather soggy. I can make better at home.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Definitely Recommended! Great food great service! We went for breakfast and it was delicious. They also have good weekly specials.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

The Court Street Diner, whose garish silver metallic exterior and dining-car shape stand in stark contrast to the late 19th/early 20th century style of most of Athens brick-paved main street, nevertheless offers a wide variety of good food at reasonable prices. On a recent Sunday, three of us enjoyed a hearty breakfast of 1) a 4-egg western omelet (quite large); 2) eggs Benedict; 3) 2 eggs over easy, bacon and toast. Each dish was complemented by a generous serving of hash browns. I am not a fan of hash browns, but the others enjoyed theirs, as did everyone the main part of the meals. I started with regular coffee, which was tasty, and then went to decaf, which was also fine. Service was quick, friendly and efficient. Because the diner is essentially a metal tube it can be loud when full. The menu includes a wide selection of appetizers, sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs, pancakes, etc. This is not gourmet dining, but tasty and filling. They do not serve alcohol, but I am told their milkshakes are super.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

I stop here every time I'm in Athens. It's right in the middle of town, which is nice, as I usually just stop by while I'm strolling all the shops. It's exactly what you hope for in a 50s style diner from the aesthetics to the food. I also love that they're so vegetarian friendly! Do yourself a favor and get a milkshake! You won't regret it!

Been to Court Street Diner? Share your experiences!