“Great but slow”
Review of Village Bakery

Village Bakery
Ranked #1 of 4 Bakeries in Athens
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

The food is fresh, local and sustainably sourced. The cafe is also fossil fuel free. Both of these points are worth supporting.
The bread, cakes, sandwhich sand salads are very tasty. Specials are also delicious. There is free wifi if you are a student wanting to study off campus.
I really like this cafe and often stop here while in Athens. I also very much like the small shop. You just need to make sure you are not in a rush. Even when there are only 3-4 tables of three or less people that have ordered food it still takes 40 mins or more for food to be made.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

This place has great food, all of it organic an locally sourced. When I called, they did not at first know if they would be open for Easter; they don't take reservations; and when I arrived, they didn't know if they had orange juice or not. Obviously, you need to have a bit of flexibility to eat here. Still, the food is delicious and moderately priced--my wife and I had brunch for about $26, featuring a very unique turkey sausage and egg biscuit and a strawberry clafouti with two coffees. If it's nice weather, sit outside on the generous covered porch!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

I have been to Athens many time as my son attends school there however this was the visit to the Village Bakery. I was pleasantly surprised by the food and even more so by the atmosphere.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

This is a great place to find local food prepared with thought. It is a great place to find healthy well-prepared food. All items on menu are great. Often it is too crowded to get in for lunch.

Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

Visited my cousin at OU and wanted to take her and my sister out for breakfast after a night out. We came on a Sunday morning in February and got to sit outside! It was chilly but the sun was out so it was so nice! The whole set up is slightly eccentric but they're just doin their thing and it works for them. Not a huge variety but what they do offer is always fresh and seems like it's made with care! We love this place and it's laid back atmosphere. Very cute and cozy inside as well. I got the biscuits and gravy pictured. Very good. Large biscuit! Came with eggs that were perfectly done.

Been to Village Bakery? Share your experiences!