“Good food and visit”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

On a recent visit to Athens we wanted to try Jackie O’s and glad we did. The burgers and beer were good and definitely worth the stop. Service and prices were reasonable.

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Note: This review is for the taproom with is located at the brewery 12 or so blocks from the Pub. They have a simpler food menu and much larger beer menu than the pub.

If you are looking for friendly staff who are knowledgeable about their product and have great beer then you will not be disappointed. Also -- much to our happy surprise -- this Taproom serves food! The menu is smaller but everything our group tried was awesome. While these guys are best known for their stouts and barrel aging the pale ales and barley wines we tried were all well done. The decor may be simple -- but we were there for the beer and we had a great time.

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

Tried the fish Tacos and sea foam IPA on my first visit. Good pairing. Another patron shared a slice of pizza with me - also fabulous. College town spot in cute old town section. Service from several at the bar. Wasn't slow but wasn't organized either. Big screens on either end of the dining hall style seating was cool. Smaller TV's by bar. Cool clean vibe.

Reviewed 11 October 2018

In town visiting my daughter at Ohio University and stopped for dinner. Our table had burgers, salads, and some of the best pizza around.

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

We were in Athens to watch my daughters white coat ceremony the following day and needed a place that would seat a party of 12 on a Saturday night. My daughter called and knew they didn't take reservations. She explained our situation and the hostesses told her she could help. Sure enough when we arrived a table for 12 was waiting on us, even had a booster seat ready to go for my grandson.The beer selection was great. Session IPA for me and many others in our group. Server did a great job with the large group. Never waited on food or drink. We are all looking forward to a return visit.

1  Thank AWSlonell