“Mediterranean Fun”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

We where in Athens, Ohio for an event and didn’t want to eat at a national chain. We visited this restaurant purely based on it’s number one rating on trip advisor. It had a ton of atmosphere and I was pleased that we did not have to wait for a table (we called ahead but they would only take a reservation if you had a party of five or more). It felt a bit dark, but I didn’t have any trouble reading the menu, and there are touches of middle eastern decorations everywhere - I was told of the owner’s travels. Our party had appetizers of baba ghanouj and a mixed appetizer platter, as well as salads. All were delicious and readily devoured. For entrées we had kebabs, gyros, and Currys. The food was good, the only thing lacking was the variety of drinks. We tried to order three different soft drinks and were told they were out of everything. We settled on water, and it didn’t really take away from the meal. The pita was warm and the waitress was quick to refill everything. And, was able to answer all questions about all of the dishes. We were only here for a weekend but it was good enough that I was tempted to go back twice.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

This is one of the nicer places for ambience in Athens, with good food with an emphasis on Middle Eastern. Food is enjoyable and is consistent, with friendly service. Very nice salads....

Reviewed 30 December 2017

We've eaten here for dinner many times and it has always been a very good meal and a good experience. The wait staff are attentive. The menu is varied (it's tough to choose). The food is well-prepared and very tasty.

Reviewed 17 December 2017

Came here for dinner in November with one friend.

Food was OK but nothing special - it could have had a lot more depth of flavour and interest to it. Chain lebanese restaurants in the UK such as Comptoir absolutely beat this place hands down. Local beers served in cans were alas of poor quality; our table had me seated to with my left side about 2 feet from another diner's head round a pillar which was kind of disconcerting. This was one of the more disappointing Athens eating experiences and I didn't leave feeling I'd had an excursion into exotic Lebanese cuisine, just that I'd been filled up.

1  Thank cff2013
Reviewed 9 December 2017

I would give this place a 3½ if I could. I went for dinner and sampled a few things. House-made bread was served, and there was olive oil on the table for dipping. The hummus was tasty and served with plenty of good pita. I didn't not get much of the promised lemon flavor, however. The spanikopita tasted good. The phyllo was hot and crispy. I tried papadum for the first time. I thought it was one of the worst things I have ever eaten. It may just be that I do not like papadum. The sauce didn't really make much sense to me for something so light like a papadum. The butternut squash soup (seasonal special) tasted good. The shwarma meat was dry. The vegetables were fresh. The falafel wrap was okay. I think the falafel were overseasoned. The service was great. The complimentary bread was nice.