“Confusing restaurant”

Ranked #20 of 123 Restaurants in Athens
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Asian fusion
Reviewed 9 December 2017

The Thai Chicken Pizza was $1 more than the website stated. It was dry. It did not have enough sauce. It was slightly burnt. I could not taste the peanut. It was also hilarious how much larger the pizza box was than the pizza itself.

The crab cakes were okay but had an overpowering flavor of red bell pepper that is common in many mediocre crab cakes. I did not expect the crab cake to be like that at an Asian restaurant.

I tried the Athens Roll sushi. It was okay. $10 a bit steep for what it was.

The spring rolls were pretty tasty.

The staff is friendly.

Maybe some other items would have been better, but what I had didn't really do it for me.

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

On the way to Columbus we needed a lunch stop. We were going down the TA best list. The Salaam place sounded good but there were no lunch specials so I continued down the list to Lui Lui a place with pasta, curry and Chinese dishes. My husband cannot resist any restaurant with these two cuisines. We had the special creme of mushroom soup, chicken meatballs and Shrimp Tortellini. The last dish exemplified the menu. Shrimp and ricotta are folded into wonton wrappers, boiled and served in a blush sauce (tasted like Vodka sauce from home. The chicken balls were served in a curry with veggies. We had a delicious chocolate mousse cake for dessert. They have two types of Sushi everyday (California and NY). On Tuesday they have a more extensive selection but a small fraction of what we get at home. This place has linen tablecloths and napkins, not a bad touch for a reasonably priced lunch. The service was impeccable. This has great Italian and Asian food but don’t come here expecting great sushi.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

We have lived in Athens for 25 years and we have enjoyed Lui Lui since its inception. The new owners, however, Andrea as the ever-so-gracious and personable "front door" and her husband, an amazing chef in the kitchen, have taken Lui Lui to another level. They've painted the entire restaurant a peaceful serene green, as well as put in new carpet and added lots of darling local touches as decor. The food is always delicious! I had my husband's retirement party in the large downstairs dining room in June 2017 and everything was flawless! Andrea was incredibly accommodating to our guests' and my every need! The food was delicious and everyone had a fabulous time! Whether you want an intimate lunch or dinner for two, a large party get-together or carry-out, you will not be disappointed at Lui Lui in Athens! Give it a try and enjoy the experience!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

The menu has a great variety of items - Mediterranean, Italian, Asian, Indian, Japanese, steaks and there are wonderful nightly specials. Recommended.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely meal here. This restaurant, offers an extensive menu, with seafood, pasta, steak and asian options. For example, the grilled salmon is offered with 3 different sauce options, so really something for everyone. The food is attractively presented. Everything our group of 5 had was delicious. The restaurant also offers an extensive beer list with local beers. The mystic mama beer smells heavenly!!! Service was excellent and attentive.

Been to Lui Lui? Share your experiences!