“Great place to get a dog!”
Review of O'Betty's Red Hot

O'Betty's Red Hot
Ranked #7 of 127 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Hot dog restaurant
Reviewed 29 July 2017

We were spending the day with our son (went to the movies) and when we got out he suggested we go here for a bite to eat. He had been there but my husband and I never had. I had the hot dog with ketchup, onions, relish and cole slaw. My hubby had the one with sauerkraut and my son had the veggie hot dog. We all loved them and I really liked the toasted bun! The place is small but we loved all the pictures, music and kitchy things to read. We'll definitely be back when we're in town again!

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank Tigercar5

Reviewed 28 June 2017

They have great hot dogs! so many choices and toppings and specials every day. If that does not entice you, FRENCH FRIES! They are the best fresh cut fries in town.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank M3456JAgeorgec
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

I love hot dogs. Well, that is I used to love hot dogs. Growing up in New York City, having a Nathan's or Hebrew National hot dog was a treat! They had a natural casing that crackled and crunched when you not into them and the salty, juicy hot dog taste exploded in your mouth! It was wonderful! Hard to find those kind of dogs anymore. Most hot dogs are bland, soft, soggy things. Even at the ballpark where the hot dogs taste better, it's not the hot dog, it's... because you're at the ballpark.
Not anymore! I'm here to tell you that O'Betty's in the Ohio University college town of Athens has restored my faith! An absolutely fabulous All Beef hot dog, a steamed bun, fresh condiments and toppings from sport peppers to relish, onions, shredded cheese, chili, baked beans and I don't know what all else, AND a NATURAL casing that crackles and crunches when you bite into it EXPLODING that hot dog goodness into your mouth has restored my faith!
Add to that, fresh water soaked French fries made slightly well done so the fries have a crusty crunch on the outside and a fluffy texture on the inside and you are in lunch heaven!
I may never eat lunch anywhere else again. O'Betty's you have spoiled me. Thank you!

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank drelspa
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

We loved the dogs and the decor! Awesome little place - great food and open LATE!
We stopped for lunch and it's tiny but comfy cozy and we had an awesome time sitting and looking around while we ate the awesome fries! Coleslaw was great! All dogs disappeared quickly and we went back for more:) Lily & Blaze were our faves but we were going Kraut-free since we are traveling on a rainy day;@
Check out this little gem! It's fun!!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 14 March 2017

O'Betty's is one of the top spots in Athens if you're looking for a quick bite or for something casual and laid back. The place is very funky and very interesting decor wise.
All the hot-dogs are really good and the special fries are to die for (Chili-Cheese!!).
There are veggie options too and the service is usually quick and very friendly.
Prices are ok for the quality of the food, its not cheap but the price is fair in my opinion.
Also, they are open late, there's no sitting but they do sell their delicious food through a window. Perfect for a late night snack after a few drinks.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank Guillermo G

Been to O'Betty's Red Hot? Share your experiences!