“Nothing Authentic...fake”

Sol Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 123 Restaurants in Athens
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Reviewed 8 December 2017

Another bad experience of eating out in OU campus in Athens. Stay away, bad food and drinks full of sugar. Avoid fish at all cost.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Folks it was by luck we ran into Sol but this should have been our first choice. What an amazing restaurant. Great Chicken club. And Heuvos Rancheros!! If I wasn’t on a diet I would have enjoyed the Bloody Mary bar!! A must stop and enjoy!!

1  Thank Gary B
Reviewed 10 September 2017

We went to Sol hoping for some authentic Cuban cuisine and were sorely disappointed. The quality of the food was poor, the taste bland and the price higher than it deserved. Also, there was very little that was Cuban on the menu. The only plus was that the service was good.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

The food is excellent and the service is very good. The Bloody Mary Bar is to die for and worth it!!
We've never been disappointed and we've been to this restaurant on several occasions!!

1  Thank Tina W
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Perhaps I didn't order something that would have highlighted their cuisine, but I thought The Cuban sandwich would do that. It tasted fine, but not any different than pulled pork sandwiches at American cuisine restaurants. The black bean soup that the waitress had suggested would pair well with the sandwich was completely ordinary. The ambiance was pleasant at the State Street location, and the waitress was friendly, but I would try another restaurant the next time I pass through.