“Outstanding Italian Food!”
Review of Vaccaro Trattoria

Vaccaro Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Vaccaro Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 519 Restaurants in Akron
Price range: US$30 - US$160
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Exit 138 at Interstate 77
Description: Vaccaro's Trattoria offers innovative Italian cuisine as well as classic favorites served in a casual fine dining atmosphere. We have a stylishly appointed bar & an extensive & thoughtfully chosen wine list to complement our menu.
Reviewed 15 June 2018

We ate here after a long day of hiking in the nearby national park. The restaurant itself doesn't look impressive from the outside - it's in a strip mall - but don't let that stop you from entering and eating the outstanding food here! We started out with the Fried Gnocchi, which was good. Then we ordered the Lasagna al Carne, the Classic Chicken Parmigiana, and 2 orders of Fettuccine Alfredo, one with Fennel Sausage. Everything was deliciously prepared and we all enjoyed it. The desserts are very shareable, especially after stuffing yourself with the fantastic pasta. We ordered 4 desserts for 4 people, and ended up taking home almost 2 full desserts to enjoy the next day! We would definitely return here if we are ever close by. We even ended up recommending this restaurant to another traveler we met the next day, who was looking for a nearby restaurant.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

I eat out a lot due to work commitments, travel etc.. I dine at almost every fine dining restaurant in Akron. Vaccaro's is without a doubt the best restaurant in the Akron area in 2018! The salads, the wedding soup, the pasta, the special ravioli, the pork milanese..the grilled Caesar!! On top of which the staff is friendly, attentive, well trained. and Raphael Vaccaro is the most genial and gracious owner you could find. If you are looking for a place to eat, go to Vaccaro's!!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

served promptly with courteous staff. food was average. seating was uncomfortable and cramped. recommend to have salad dressing on the side

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

We dined at this restaurant for Valentines Day 2018. Our reservation was at 5:30pm. I arrived at that time but wife wife was late coming from Cleveland. I first walked through he door and the greeters were pleasant and greeted me with great enthusiasm. I was provided a seat immediately. The waitress came out to greet me and take my drink order and appetizer.

During the time I spent at the restaurant, the wait staff was very attentive to my requests. As soon as my wife arrived they accommodated her immediately.
We had the special, lobster bisque, salad, crab legs , mashed potatoes, and filet mignon. They served it family style and the total cost was $50.

Each course was served succinctly and carefully. Their mash potatoes were perfect and the filet was succulent. I have never had a medium filet before. The cook prepared it perfectly without it needing a tourniquet. Crab legs were a little soft. They may have cooked them too long. Since I am from the Eastern Seaboard, we are very particular and critical on seafood. We will give the crab legs a pass.

The meal was exceptional. The service was exceptional. This group had their act together. A great place in the Akron area. Will be back to visit.

Abraham Wescott

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

Local restaurant. Small bar in front where locals or regulars seemed to gather and chat. I was a little worried when we walked in as music was loud, restaurant wasn’t full. But worries were unfounded. We were seated and waitress told the bar to turn the music down.

Good selection of higher end red wines. Waitress was very knowledgable about both the wines and food. As a vegetarian I’m often left with same choices -potato gnocchi, eggplant, primavera or marinara. Waitress suggested chef make me something - came back with a fabulous linquine with a light garlic white sauce and many veggies including lots of artichoke hearts! Yum. Friends ordered seafood and were happy - Portions are large and delish. Bread was nice and chewy served with spices in olive oil.