“Christmas (yes, Christmas) Dinner”
Review of Vaccaro Trattoria

Vaccaro Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Vaccaro Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 517 Restaurants in Akron
Price range: US$30 - US$160
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Exit 138 at Interstate 77
Description: Vaccaro's Trattoria offers innovative Italian cuisine as well as classic favorites served in a casual fine dining atmosphere. We have a stylishly appointed bar & an extensive & thoughtfully chosen wine list to complement our menu.
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Our department held its Christmas dinner at this wonderful restaurant. Open bar, appetizers, great meal, and wonderful conversations. We had a private room and I can't say enough about how good the wait service was and the food itself. All around fabulous! I'll definitely bring my spouse here next time we're in the Akron area!

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

We live nearby and had always seen this restaurant but not stopped in. I’m gluten free and Italian can be a challenge. Well after my husband met Rafe Vaccaro through some mutual friends, he assured us there was plenty to eat.

We visited last night, and every thing was perfect. We started with the cheese and fruit board, and then I was given the best pumpkin bisque! For my entree I built what I wanted on a risotto base and it was an exquisite dish just to my taste but so much better than I could create at home.

Their dessert menu was expansive as well but we were simply too full to indulge.

Amy, our server was wonderful and Rafe stopped by several times to make sure dinners were to our liking. Rafe, you have an absolute treasure and we are now regulars! See you soon.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Visited Vaccaro's at the advice of a friend. The food, service and owner were all five star. We enjoyed a leisurely lunch and asked plenty of questions about wine and the menu. Everyone was very knowledgeable and friendly. We couldn't have had a better experience. I'll be telling all my friends to visit this spectacular restaurant.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Upon first arriving all the plants were dying and need watering at the entrance. Hostess was picking here teeth as she was seating quests. The egg plant fries were fair, needed salt. Had the special of the day "Rissoto" it was like wall paper paste, not creamy, no flavor but I did have a hair in the dish, YUCK. Asked for a Mojito, no mint, What in the middle of summer? they did offer a cucumber cocktail that was pretty good. Service was fair but the waiter neglected to share with us the prime rib special, we even asked what the special were for the night, we happen to overhear another server talk about the prime rib special. Won't return.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

This restaurant is one of our "go to" restaurants when we have a semi special event. Anniversary, birthday, etc. Or just if we want to go to someplace nice.

White wine list is moderately priced. Some reds are, but can go up into the hundreds.

My wife had a salmon with pasta that she said was excellent and I ordered the bone-in pork chop special. Smoked with applewood, and you could definitely taste it.

I would clarify my clarification down below. Vaccaro's is somewhere between "fine dining (can be) and mid range (can be). They have pizza, and pasta on the lower end and entrees in the fine dining range. So it can fill the bill for either. We've been going there for 15-plus years, and appreciate the quality and value.

One thing that is appreciated is that you can split a salad. They used to have half-salads as well as full, but at least now they allow for splitting.

Been to Vaccaro Trattoria? Share your experiences!