“one of my favorite authentic Mexican restaurants”

El Rincon Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #62 of 488 Restaurants in Akron
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2016

huge menu and large portions- I prefer the white queso as opposed to the yellow - quick service and good prices

Reviewed 28 October 2015 via mobile

I have given El Rincon three tries just because they have been rated #1 for Mexican and all three times I have not been impressed. Food burned on one occasion, machista servers, and blah food make up El Rincon. I laugh when I read people say this is authentic Mexican. Any place the serves hard shell tacos and mild salsa is not authentic Mexican. Just because your server is Hispanic and there are sombreros on the walls does not make it authentic either. This is just another americanized "Mexican" restaurant. If you want real Mexican, the only places I have found it in Akron are La Loma Taquiera on Rt 91 and El Paso Taquiera on South Main Street. That is where Hispanic people go to get their tacos.

1  Thank crazypelo77
Reviewed 26 October 2015

Went on a slow Sunday after lunch time and was seated in an empty dining room. All other patrons were at the bar watching the Cleveland Browns football game. An owner or manager was mingling at the bar while his children played, loudly, in the booth next to my booth. Really, an empty dining room and they go unsupervised next to your only customers??? The food was very hot and quick, but the pricing was a bit too high. The menus were very dirty and covered with food. Come on, clean it up!!

Reviewed 1 September 2015

This is one of our favorite restaurants for mexican food. The service is always quick and accurate! We love the homemade salsa and warm chips. I love the vegetarian fajitas and the meal comes with refried beans & rice, guacamole & sour cream. I also like the creamy seafood entrees. We always order a half pitcher of the top shelf margarita's and on Wednesdays they are half price. The restaurant also takes any mexican restaurant coupon up to $5 off. Newly decorated and always busy, frequently the line is out the door. They also offer carryout!

1  Thank carolynjb330
Reviewed 25 August 2015 via mobile

I did not used to be a Mexican cuisine fan; El Rincon has completely changed my school of thought.

Starting with the chips and salsa, so authentic and flows to the table continuously like the salmon of Capistrano... these servers are destine to bring you food fast and steaming hot!

Great quality, always consistent, never a bad meal -- if you like Mexican food (or even if you don't) give El Rincon a try.