“Holy wings and burgers!!!”

Winking Lizard Tavern
Ranked #17 of 553 Restaurants in Akron
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Reviewed 30 March 2017

Saw all of the cars parked outside this establishment and thought it was a good place to dine in. Boy was I pleasantly surprised when I entered the restaurant - all kinds of memorabilia of sports items. I told them it was the first time that my husband and I were at the restaurant and they bent over backwards to make sure we had an enjoyable meal. The wings were on special the night we were there . They were nice a crispy and very meaty. We split a hamburger and fries. The burger was grilled to perfection and the fries were really crispy and plentiful. Next time we will arrive before 7 pm cause happy hour ends then. OH WELL.
They have a popcorn machine which you can take popcorn from and munch on it until your meal comes. A win win place to go and have fun and eat great food.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

We like Winking Lizard. Great selection om their menu. Good specials. Great beer selections. Great prior to movies or sporting events.

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Several tv's to watch games. Excellent bar service, large menu good prices and specials. Two different sides the whiskey bar for adults only which helps. Will return

Reviewed 31 January 2017

We were in town visiting friends, and decided on this place for its extensive food & drink menu and its affordability. This bar/restaurant combo offers a very family-friendly restaurant option, while including a really cool separate bar section for adults.

We were told there would be a 45 minute wait for a table, so we went into the bar for a drink while we waited. They offer a fair number of beers on tap, but I was particularly interested in the well-stocked inventory of bottled beers and ciders (I had a Crabbie's ginger beer). Within 10 minutes, just after receiving our drinks, we were called for our table in the restaurant. So that is one "con" of our visit - the discrepancy between the anticipated wait and the actual wait time.

After cashing out at the bar, we were able to take our drinks with us to our table. I enjoyed the Greek Grilled Chicken Salad, which was pretty good. I also enjoyed the Drink of the Month - the "Ginger Heat" mixed drink of ginger beer, Fireball, and peach schnapps - for a very reasonable $5. Our entire table enjoyed their food, too.

If we had this restaurant in Iowa, we would likely visit it regularly for its good food and drinks; however, my only other "con" for this restaurant is that it keeps a lizard as a pet/mascot for the restaurant. While it appeared to be in a climate-controlled area, the lizard didn't have much room to move around. The lizard really is just at the restaurant to be on display for patrons of the restaurant, and that just doesn't sit well with me.

Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

Great joint for wings and delicious soul food :)
They do have an enormous beer selection I indulged in :) overall great experience .. why 4 out of 5 ? ... the menu is a little to colorful with references to future menu events that can confuse guest.
Other than That straight A's