“Don't Pass This By”
Review of Surf'n Pig BBQ

Surf'n Pig BBQ
Ranked #11 of 34 Restaurants in Avon
Reviewed 17 June 2017

I have been vacationing in Avon for over a decade and I have missed this place for the last four years. My husband noticed it while we were at a stop light and the logo pulled us in. Great sauces to try out before ordering is awesome. I had never heard of mustard BBQ sauce before and I ended up purchasing a bottle of it. My husband got the Gouda Beef Brisket and it was so gooey good. It was so good we ordered a rack of ribs to be ready the day we were leaving so we could eat it on the road. It didn't make it past Rodanthe.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

Great Carolina BBQ with a wide variety of sauces-all good! The hushpuppies are awesome and the coleslaw as well. A new favorite and must stop in Avon!

Reviewed 6 June 2017

The BBQ joint is small, with a few tables, and a few booths. On one of the tables was a McDonald's soft drink cup, along with paperwork, items that appeared to belong to an employee. Not a good way to advertise your beverages.

Hubby ordered the brisket platter, with coleslaw and hush puppies. While he enjoyed the food, he was disappointed in the quantity of his sides - a small helping of coleslaw and five small hush puppies. He also thought that paying over a dollar for 1/3 ear of corn was a bit expensive. He really enjoyed the coleslaw, though.

I ordered the ribs, which I enjoyed. Hubby had a bite, and he thought it had too much of a mustard taste. Being from Pennsylvania, I had never tried collard greens before and decided to give them a whirl. Obviously, I can't compare the collard greens to anything I've tasted before, but they tasted good to me. They were served warm, with a heavy vinegar taste. Hubby really enjoyed my collard greens; he insisted on taking them off my hands.

There is a limited beverage selection. Hubby had the southern sweet tea, and he said it was delicious. I don't understand why a bbq joint doesn't serve beer.

In conclusion, Surf'n Pig BBQ does bbq justice, but needs a liquor license and larger portions of its sides.

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Got the brisket platter with mac an cheese. So much brisket I couldn't even finish it. It was really good and the mac an cheese also. Nice service as well.

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

Amazing food amazing staff. Open late. Staff went above and beyond. Like going home to family. Don't miss it.