“Awesome food!”

Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Family owned and operated outdoor restaurant and just 2 blocks from Atlantic Beach. We specialize in fresh seafood ~ tacos with grouper and shrimp, grouper bites and weekly fresh catch specials and special mixed blackened or grilled tacos every weekend, fried oysters, crab cakes, shrimp burgers, angus burgers, and daily fresh seafood! Looking forward to seeing y'all!
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

This place is excellent! Best seafood I’ve eaten in a long time! So good we ate there twice—would have gone for third time but had to go home. First time, we ate there—outdoor picnic tables/umbrellas with nice beachy atmosphere. Had grouper bites/summer salad and grouper/shrimp tacos/hush puppies. Lightly fried, not greasy, flavorful, lots of sauces to try—perfect portion so not too heavy. Second time we did takeout as was rainy. Had fried BIG tender scallops/summer salad and Cajun shrimp wrap/potato salad—excellent again! And prices very reasonable—kid and dog friendly!

Tom C, Owner at Shark Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review, Jane! We are happy to hear you enjoyed both visits <3 we hope you made it home safely!

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

I have never tried Baracuda bites which the Shark Shack had as an appetizer special. I am glad I ordered them, they were some if the best dish I have ever tasted. The grouper sandwich was also food. Baracuda bites are a must if they have them.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

we went here several years ago and liked it, then it went a little down hill. apparently they have new owners and it is better than ever. had the blackened fish sandwich and the fish tacos and both were excellent. Fries were good but not great. beer was cold. Liked it and will return

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

I visited this restaurant thinking that they had “gluten free” menu items. They do offer several options but there is an extremely high risk of contamination. *However* the staff treated me with so much respect and dignity. I spoke with them about my allergy and the cashier was very kind and explained everything to me without any judgment or irritation. She was concern for my experience and wanted me to enjoy a meal safely. The cook even agreed to clean the grill for me so I could enjoy some grilled shrimp. The prices were a little high but it is a very fun chill place to hang out at. The food was average for me but my friends did enjoy their meals.

I gave four stars because of the food only....the staff and atmosphere is definite 5.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Friendly service, good food. Not very good seating, all out doors and it was raining when we were there