“Must stop while in Atlantic Beach”

Amos Mosquito's Restaurant & Bar
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner
Description: Welcome to Amos Mosquito’s Restaurant & Bar – or more affectionately known by locals as “Skeeter’s”. Established in 1999, Amos Mosquito’s offers a family friendly environment with a menu of fresh seafood and a wide variety of creative entrees. While in our first location on the Morehead City Waterfront, and here in our present location on Atlantic Beach overlooking beautiful Bogue Sound, we’ve had one primary goal in mind – to create the most unique, fun, and high quality dining experience that can be found in Eastern North Carolina. We have a seasoned staff of chefs, servers, and hosts who are passionate about making customers happy. Although we specialize in local seafood and offer at least two varieties of fresh fish every night, our menu also features chicken, pork and Sterling Silver beef.We make all our salad dressings, sauces and desserts in house and have a great children’s menu loaded with fun games and mosquito facts.Thursday nights are sushi nights at Amos Mosquito’s. We offer a full menu of fresh, made to order sushi in addition to our regular menu.Amos has a full bar and a wonderful, reasonably priced wine list.Reservations are not accepted, but you may call us to place an order for take out.
Reviewed 19 October 2018

We came here twice while visiting. First was on a Thursday night as a date night to get away from the little ones. Next night was everyone (6 total). It was so good we came back. Thursday night is sushi night and if you can go on a sushi night, I would recommend it. The sushi is very fresh and tasty. We got sushi as our appetizer. Our entrees were the tuna and the triggerfish (special) and both were very tasty. My husband doesn't typically tuna served that way because it is everyone's go to way of making it but he said it was awesome. We also had several drinks and dessert. We got the Oreo icecream cookie. It was very good with just a little too much icecream. Friday night we got the calamari, mixed seafood, triggerfish (again), and fried seafood platter. Everyone enjoyed their dishes as well as the drinks that we had as well. Dessert was very good as well. If we had gone to this place earlier in the week, we probably would have come again. They are quite the busy place and do not take reservations so I would recommend getting their early. It is worth it and I look forward to going back in back in Atlantic Beach. Very cool atmosphere and just an all around great place to go.

Date of visit: October 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,295)

Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

We headed to Amos Mosquitos with friends and family on a busy Wednesday night in October. The parking lot was full so we parked across the street.
We had drinks outside overlooking the sound while we waited and the wait time was less than we were told.
The food was great! I had the grilled seafood kebobs...scallops, shrimp and s piece of tuna. The service was fantastic! The decorations are lovely. We have not been here for quite awhile and obviously remodeling has occurred. The bar area is very inviting.

Reviewed 17 October 2018

Our friends and us had a nice time there last night. I'st time we had eaten in the bar, they have cozy nooks there I was not aware of, having always eaten in the other two large rooms. I always have one pork chop, they load it with gravy and smashed potatoes and have spinach tucked away under the whole pile. Not elegant but really rib sticking good. No need for appetizers , however our guests liked the calamari app..
Bar is lively, nice crowd for a Tuesday in off season at the beach. I never get dessert since I'm always full on one pork chop. Good, friendly place. Bob Ross

Reviewed 14 October 2018

Love the special menu 40% discount deals. This place is first class all the way. Great management, and staff. Make you feel special for a sit down dinner to remember.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

I'll start by saying that there have been a few times my wife and I have had the "best Calamari ever." Well Amos has topped them all! It was so good, we ordered a second and then a third to take with us!.

All entries were prepared fresh and very tasty. Loved the atmosphere (instead of insipid, piped-in music in the rest room, it was the pure sounds of mosquitoes - sans the bites!) I hoped they weren't too beat-up from Florence. Looking forward to our return.

Date of visit: August 2018