“Lunch at Hop's Bar-B-Que”
Review of Hop's Bar-B-Que

Hop's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #56 of 117 Restaurants in Asheboro
Reviewed 2 July 2017

After visiting an antique mall down the way and was after the dinner hour we went to Hop's. When waling up we wondering if there was a place to eat inside. Well went in and there were plenty of seats and this was a typlical bar-b-que place from long ago with no changes evident. We ordered the chopped bar-b-cue sandwhich with slaw and tea. Added some sauce and I was in business. A very good meal. When in town we will come back again.

1  Thank MHP8473

Reviewed 26 January 2017

Located on Sunset Avenue, tucked in the corner, you will find a hidden treasure. Hop's BBQ is the best BBQ around. Their chopped sandwiches are piled high and even with the plentiful portion, you may want another....it's just that good. Hop's also has a huge menu of meats, veggies and desserts to entice you. Everything is homemade and served pipping hot.

1  Thank Dojomargo
Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

Great prices!

Try #5 or #6: BBQ Tray/platter (pull/chopped pork). Loved the hushpuppies!

We had a quick lunch! Clean bathrooms (outdoors). Don't forget to go back inside the restaurant to wash your hands!

Hop's BBQ. Asheboro, NC.

2  Thank DrSkippy
Reviewed 17 October 2016

It's truly home cooked food. This place was hopping decades ago and you can get the feel of that there. Good breakfast. Blue plate specials.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

I was born and raised in Asheboro for over 20 years before moving away. Hops was an all time favorite and was moving my daughter into College in Greensboro. i know it can get busy so I called once I was leaving Greensboro. They answered the phone and I said I wanted to place an order. I waited over 17 minutes on the phone and literally walked in and phone was on table. I showed the waitress and she had an attitude. There was only 2 waitress and the restaurant was full and a line waiting to pay. There were alot of angry people, even one man yelled from front of counter, "Does anyone want my money" It is sad to see how bad this place has gone down hill. They were very unprepared and dessert on back of table was open and not covered.

Been to Hop's Bar-B-Que? Share your experiences!