“Good Custard”
Review of Culver's

Culver's
Ranked #8 of 75 Restaurants in Arden
Reviewed 18 May 2018

The frozen custard is very good, the sandwiches average, the burgers greasy, and it is more expensive than most fast food places. Parking is limited and getting in and out of the parking lot, as well as negotiating the drive-thru, is terrible. If they didn't have the custard, I'd say it's not worth the hassle.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

Was not real impressed with Culver's in Arden. Kind of an upscale McD or Burger King, the bacon cheddar butter burger I ordered had wiggly bacon and the meat patty was real thin but tasted ok. Temp was off a bit as the cheese was not even slightly melted and they are skimpy on the onions and lettuce.

We also ordered a Bacon cheddar pretzel burger, it was ok except I was not impressed with the 'special sauce' and once again the bacon was wiggly not crisp. The bun was softer than I expected.

The fries were really good, hot, crisp and just the right amount of salt. And for drinks we had a vanilla shake and a rootbeer fountain drink. The milk shake came with a straw and a spoon, was really thick and hard to draw through the straw at first. Flavor was really good and the rootbeer was great too.

All this came to just over $17 so a bit higher than I would expect for the amount of meat. They do cook to order and bring your food to the table so that is a plus. Be sure to grab a ton of napkins as the burger buns are brushed with butter.

Parking is not so good as the drive thru traffic blocks the 1st two rows of parking making for a bit of a challenge to get out.

Overall, I doubt we return unless it is for the frozen custard. Just not what we expected.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

This exceptionally clean, friendly restaurant is excellent. Love their butter burgers, onion rings, Cole slaw and milkshakes. Order at the counter and food gets delivered to your table very quickly.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

The people who like Culvers rave about it; I am not one of those people. Burger was slightly warm, the cheese not even melted on top, and the meat was wafer-thin. Overall, the burger was tasty but overpriced. Fries very ordinary, not even up to McD's standard. Peanut butter shake was good, but far too thick to drink thru the thinnish straw. I simply feel the place is overrated. Other good choices in the area will keep me away.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

After passing by Culver's for 8 months now, I finally figured out it is not an ice cream place after seeing fish advertised on the marquee. Have eaten there twice, the walleye fish sandwich and a cheeseburger and both were excellent! The frozen custard is also delicious. I'm now a Culver's fan!